GreaseSpot Cafe

Away for a while

Twinky

Leaving my job today...it would be nice if I had another to go to...

No internet access at home yet so will be offline for a while. I will miss you guys.

Have a piece of birthday cake and a cup of coffee on me, on Sunday.

Well, I'm back. Someone Freecycled me a computer with internet connection just this morning. Aren't people kind? It's a few years old and it's dial-up but he has fitted it with whatever is necessary for broadband when I can get round to organizing that.

So i can talk to you guys again !!! :eusa_clap::knuddel:

It's slow after the broadband connection at work but hey, I'm very grateful. It may not be long before I have to get broadband...

If any of you don't know what Freecycle is - check on Google. There may be a group near you. People just give stuff away. Some of it's pretty good stuff. All free. Everyone I've met has been lovely.

Thank you all for your birthday greetings. Had a lovely day out. As customary at the church I go to, the congregation sings to everyone who had a birthday that week and the birthday people choose a choccy from a basket of Quality Steet. And the birthday people are prayed for. It's rather nice.

And I have seen two jobs that i really like the sound of. Only two - but then I only need one...

Thanks, George, I miss the Cafe when I can't drop in for a cuppa on a frequent basis.

hiya twinky!!!............great to see you back!!.........so glad your absence was shortened by serendippity, and nice people! sure glad to be reading your posts twink.....................................welcome back..............good luck on landing one of the two.............and...........peace.

hey twinky!

thanks for the heads up on freecycle!

i'm involved with the homeless ministry at my church... and this is going to come in real handy!

in fact, we just got a family set up in a 2 bedroom apartment, and they are basically in need of everything to furnish it... so i really appreciate this information...

thanks again!

peace,

jen-o