GreaseSpot Cafe

Infomercial Scams

RottieGrrrl

A couple of years ago I saw the commercial for "My lil Reminder" this little tape recorder thingie that fits onto a keychain, that acts like a Dictaphone. The commercial is so bad it's hysterical, but I thought the contraption was neat. especially for the price. They were offering 2 for 9.99. So I went to the web site and by the time I placed my order it was close to 60 bucks! Plus the way the web site was set up it was a scam in itself. There was no page where you check your final order, like all the legit ones have, it just went Wham. Your done sucker. We've got your credit card info and we are sending you this.

Anyway, what I got in the mail was pure crap. I could (and have since) bought a cheap little Dictaphone for less than half the price. The shipping was a joke. They charged like 8 buck for shipping and these things were the size and weight of a box of matches.

Well, I looked up "My lil reminder" and "complaints" and I found this page. Infomercial Scams I see people are still getting suckered into the same thing I bought 2 years ago! From now on, whenever I see something "cool" on an infomercial, I check out this page, or I google the products name with "complaints." I hope I never get suckered again!

I almost ordered something from the Video Professor, am I glad I didn't! And this turkey had the nerve to try to sue people on that website who were complaining about him!

BTW here is the page with the "my lil reminder" complaints My Lil Reminder

Edited by RottieGrrrl

All that stuff I almost bought is on there.

The one thing I did buy and regret was free credit report. Took forever to get them to quit charging me $9.99 per month.

Yeah its' a good site to check BEFORE you make the purchase. None of us are above being suckered.

Oh, you had me so worried there - I checked out that web site and at least the Pancake Puff pan I bought for the kids (yes - the 3 and 6 year olds!) wasn't on the list of scams!

pancake-puff-new.jpg

Infomercials should NOT be allowed to run on the Nick JR channel!!! :asdf:

Edited by ChasUFarley

I've got a turbo cooker that's been collecting dust for 3 years now. I was surprised to see it WAS on the list of scams. The thing is, it does work, it's just too much to bother with. That lady who sells it (I've seen her on other infomercials) is so good at demonstrating products she could sell an Eskimo an Igloo.

• 1 month later...
A couple of years ago I saw the commercial for "My lil Reminder" this little tape recorder thingie that fits onto a keychain, that acts like a Dictaphone. The commercial is so bad it's hysterical, but I thought the contraption was neat. especially for the price. They were offering 2 for 9.99. So I went to the web site and by the time I placed my order it was close to 60 bucks! Plus the way the web site was set up it was a scam in itself. There was no page where you check your final order, like all the legit ones have, it just went Wham. Your done sucker. We've got your credit card info and we are sending you this.

Anyway, what I got in the mail was pure crap. I could (and have since) bought a cheap little Dictaphone for less than half the price. The shipping was a joke. They charged like 8 buck for shipping and these things were the size and weight of a box of matches.

Well, I looked up "My lil reminder" and "complaints" and I found this page. Infomercial Scams I see people are still getting suckered into the same thing I bought 2 years ago! From now on, whenever I see something "cool" on an infomercial, I check out this page, or I google the products name with "complaints." I hope I never get suckered again!

I almost ordered something from the Video Professor, am I glad I didn't! And this turkey had the nerve to try to sue people on that website who were complaining about him!

BTW here is the page with the "my lil reminder" complaints My Lil Reminder

i usually call my voice mail on my cell phone but than i have to remember to answer it !!!