GreaseSpot Cafe

Holy Cow!

cheranne

REHOBOTH, Mass

oly Cow! A Massachusetts woman suddenly found an unexpected passenger in her back seat Friday while driving home with her daughter after running a simple errand, reported WCVB-TV in Boston.

Seekonk, Mass., said the street was dark when she suddenly saw cows that had wandered out onto the road from a nearby farm. She swerved, but hit two of them. One was a massive Black Angus.

"I only saw it for a split second before it came up it into my windshield," .

One of the cows had gone airborne.

"There was airbags and smoke and me and my daughter was losing it. I thought that was it, but I felt my car start shaking."

The cow had flipped over the roof of the car, gone through the back window and landed in the back seat.

"I didn't really want to see what was there, but I saw a black cow head in my back window. My daughter turned this way and said 'Mom there's a cow in the back seat!' And we just took off,"

The car's hood and roof were crushed and the windshield was smashed.

she realized there were bound be jokes. The cow in the back seat was not seriously injured, but the second cow did not survive.

"It could have just as easily gone through the windshield and we'd be talking about very serious injuries or possibly death," said Rehoboth police

cow was frightened and agitated. Firefighters and police had to tie it down so it wouldn't move inside the car. They towed the car to the farm and let it out.

suffered minor injuries. Her car was a total loss.

A very mooooooooving story!

Seriously, I can't imagine hitting a cow. We've lost two vehicles, one a Dodge Dakota pickup, to 10 point buck whitetail deer.

One time, I think it was on the WOW field in Texas, I was driving with another person on a back road where a smallish Angus cow was standing in the road next to the fence through which it had just escaped. Knowing absolutely nothing about bovines in general, and unaware of the gender of this one, I hopped out of the car and yelled "SHOO! Get back in that pasture where you belong!" Well the cow sized me up, recognized me for the ignoramus I was at that time, lowered its head, pawed the dusty pavement and said: "MUUUHHHHHHOOOOOOO!"

I skittered back into the car and gingerly drove around it. It gave me a very nasty look, but let me leave in peace.

Another time, I encountered a couple of loose bovines on the Rome City campus one morning when I was out for a stroll. Someone had forgotten to turn on the electric fence and they were just standing in the path that goes toward that little hill where I think were once portrayed the 12 Stations of the Cross.

This time, I didn't bother. Went back to the switchboard, rustled up someone who knew cows and the situation was taken care of.

After these two experiences, the only cows I approach are medium rare, next to a baked po' and salad!

WG

Wow ... cow

That must have been a small cow ... the picture showed it all the way in the back seat ...

We don't have cows now, but they were always friendly, though I watched the bull a little more closely ... and I don't think you want to mess around them too close when they have their young calves.

I'm pretty sure putting them in the back seat is not advised ... :biglaugh:

What do you get when a cow jumps a barbed wire fence?

mooo ...

mooooo ....

moooooooo ...

Udder destruction ....

For some reason they showed the video footage on tv the morning after it happened. Maybe it was just really early in the morning but it was quite the site seeing that cow kind of half standing in the back seat of that car. The poor thing looked completely bewildered.

I've never had a problem with cows, being the city kid that I am but the chickens on grandpa's farm and then the ones on my sister's farm...oooh how I really hate live chickens! They are much better rottiserie style or fried.

2 things just went through my mind :the cartoon "Cow and Chicken" with the devil having no pants(Cartoon Network), and why am I suddenly feeling hungry? :biglaugh: