GreaseSpot Cafe

Why I capitalize WOW, and NOT docvic.

dmiller

Oh sure --- I'll capitalize the word (name) docvic if I start a sentence with it.

I think that's only proper --- (Linda Z --- correct me if I'm wrong). :)

But --- in the context of any post or sentence, I will ALWAYS capitalize the acronym WOW.

Why?? Simple answer. They deserve respect. They've EARNED respect.

Put their hearts out on the line. Got burnt, told they were *out-of-fellowship*, and humiliated at times.

And that --- by the folks that sent them out *on the field*.

Rarely praised --- often criticized --- and yet they (for the most part) stuck it out.

Docvic sat back and chugged/ sipped Drambuie all day while *his WOWs*, were out struggling.

Folks have given up careers and a real life to go WOW. Any tangible results??

Meebe a few, but not more than you could count on one hand, eh?

While they were struggling (and castigating themselves for not BELIEVING *properly*), they were also sending in money to the *Fat Cats* there in New Knoxville so that those *Fat Cats* could live a life they might have only dreamed of.

WOW's have my respect , and docvic does not. He was an @****** that leached life from willing hearts that wanted to be (the best) they could for God. They deserve the respect, and not him. Thus my refusal to capitalize his name.

Am I bitter?? No.

Did I learn a lesson?? Yes.

WOW's were more committed than docvic ever was.

Plain and simple.

I think I'll let it go at that.

I went out WOW in 1976...I understand what dmiller is saying and I have to agree with him...the kids who went out WOW had more godly intentions than vic ever had...and of course, that only compounds the evil of twi...they used the young, innocent, godly, committed people to further their hedonistic agenda.

The WOW's that stayed over at our house had a profound affect on not only my life but my entire family.

It has been a long time and I have never met anyone who could compare to them. They gave it all.

It was not all for naught because many of us have and forever will blessed by their example.

Great insight! I agree with you

I never thought about it that way, but your right, these people went out with hardly anything and laid there lives on the line for God, they deserve praise and respect!

They sacrificed bodily and financial comfort for the spreading of Gods Word and the knowledge of the gifts/manifestations of the Holy Spirit. I just never thought that Dr Weirwille was sitting back taking it easy and sipping Drambuie. But now in light of Joh Lynns letter, I think thats an accurate picture :blink:

I went out WOW in 1976...I understand what dmiller is saying and I have to agree with him...the kids who went out WOW had more godly intentions than vic ever had...and of course, that only compounds the evil of twi...they used the young, innocent, godly, committed people to further their hedonistic agenda.

I agree with Groucho. I went out WOW in 1982. Almost all of the WOW's that I met had good intentions and wanted to do what was "right".

dmiller,

Well said.

Agreed.

I was brought into the Way by a WOW twig that made such a profound impression that we subsequently went WOW in '81. Most I knew were most assuredly the real deal.

I remember going to ROA that following year and seeing ol' VP struttin' around in his WOW vet regalia and wondering silently to myself "When did he ever do this shi t?"

Of course, I would never DARE voice such heresy aloud, at that time (and probably still shouldn't), as the common perception was that he did it every day of his life 24/7 and we WOW's were mere shadows compared to his great superhuman feats of spiritual derring do.

I remember going to ROA that following year and seeing ol' VP struttin' around in his WOW vet regalia and wondering silently to myself "When did he ever do this shi t?" Of course, I would never DARE voice such heresy aloud, at that time (and probably still shouldn't), as the common perception was that he did it every day of his life 24/7 and we WOW's were mere shadows compared to his great superhuman feats of spiritual derring do.

Yeah, now that you mention it, that is exactly what many of us thought. Same with Craig. I remember being told he was the epitome of a disciplined believer, and how we should pattern our own lives after these men... it was such a shock when I found out how wrong that was... and now, eight years later, it's actually a shock to think I ever believed these men represented the best of the best of God's best. They were a disgrace!

Thanks, dmiller for pointing out the stark contrast between the good folks who actually went out WOW, and these corrupt jackals who sat at home and took the credit.

(edited for a typo)

Edited by TheHighWay

Never thought of it that way, I just capitaized WOW because they're initials Word Over the World doncha know. But I like dmiller's take better. In fact I think I'll plagiarize it and say it's mine :biglaugh:

As far as docvic, I usually refer to him as "Wierwille", no honorific or title. I certainly don't refer to him as "Doctor" (as in not "Doctor Wierwille", just "Doctor" or "The Doctor") because I won't use a term of endearment or a title of respect for the man.

In the mid 80's, or so, when still in Florida, I overheard someone saying that WOW originally stood for "Weirwille Owens Weirwille"...as in "the Wierwille Owens Weirwille program" or "ambassadors for wierwille Owens Weirwille" etc. I have no idea how true that might be, I don't know anything about Harry W. or Owens....they passed on long before I came along, but I heard it again a couple of years later in Texas from a different source. I haven't even thought about it in years and years, but this thread reminded me.

Could there be any validity to that? If so, does it mean anything? It seemed like it was intended to be "top secret info" not for the unwashed masses. Anyway, what difference would it make?

Just curious.

Edited to mention that little stuff like that occasionally trickling in caused me to maintain a healthy cynicism throughout my entire tenure with TWI.

Edited by Ron G.

Never thought of it that way, I just capitaized WOW because they're initials Word Over the World doncha know. But I like dmiller's take better. In fact I think I'll plagiarize it and say it's mine :biglaugh:

As far as docvic, I usually refer to him as "Wierwille", no honorific or title. I certainly don't refer to him as "Doctor" (as in not "Doctor Wierwille", just "Doctor" or "The Doctor") because I won't use a term of endearment or a title of respect for the man.

Hey there Oak. If you name it you can claim it, eh? ;)

There is one reason I call vic wierwille *docvic* on these cyberspace pages.

It has NOTHING to do with his *title*. It has EVERYTHING to do with protocol.

Can you imagine (in your wildest dreams) somene walking up to the MOG at the ROA ---

and saying to him "Hey there docvic!! How ya doing!!??"

If he didn't explode on the spot from such a LACK of *respect*,

it surely would have *manifested* itself later on, and probably on those in-rez.

I didn't know the man as well as you did -- but from what I do know ---

He expected respect and protocol. Bowing and Kowtowing (sp?)

Docvic is NOT a name (imo) that he would approve of.

Therefore I use it whenever I happen to speak about him.

One regret I have in this life is that I will never be able to say to his face.

It would be a treat to see how he would handle it. I don't think he could.

I spoke with him personally once. At PFAL 77.

My (then) wife and I were walking back to our lodging after one of the teachings.

I wore a swiss army knife in it's case on my belt back in those days.

I heard a familiar voice (docvic) behind me say "Hey. What's that on your belt?"

Knowing I had the Swiss Army knife on my belt, I turned around.

There was docvic looking at me. I pulled out the knife and showed it to him.

It had the 7 different blades/ attachments, and also had the toothpick and tweezers.

He looked it over for a minute or two. I wished later I was *spiritual* enough to have mentioned to him (at that time) about the *nine* all encompassed in one item, but I wasn't. He did use that analogy in the AC 79. Wonder now if he got that *inspiration* from me?? We'll never know.

What I wish now (knowing what I do) is that I coulda looked

him in the eye (note the use of singular here):

And said -- "It's a Swiss Army knife, docvic. Wanna see it??".

Hi,DM,My only conversation with docvic was a question,At WOW training 78.

John sommervill@ was looking for some carpenters,so out back of the main tent

we went,docvic was standing by himself,I came up to him and asked about the job,

His reply?"Hell I dont know youll have to ask him yourself" Think I went about for years saying

hell I dont know!

Yep the man of gawd.Should have went back home from WOW training and got a real job!

One more thing on WOW,lcm put it down big time,said we messed it up,we were imature,

selfish,all about ourselves,Well results speak for themselves,way disciples never ever did as well as the WOWs,not in a million years. :biglaugh: