GreaseSpot Cafe

Question on registered members

RottieGrrrl

How come the forum says "We have 2,429 registered members" but the most recent members who have posted have member numbers in the 3,000's? Just noticed that.

It's probably because some members over the years have had their accounts deactivated because of a lack of activity, some members may have been banned, accounts were deleted on request, etc. The numbers remain of how many members there have been (not how many are registered) for records though. It happens all the time.

We get a lot of "spam" registrations. People that want to get on an do damage. Some of these registrations are done by "bots" or programs that search the internet for sites and try to register. Each registration, whether approved or not get a number. Those that are deleted make a hole in the numbering sequence.

Ok Thanks Paw, that makes sense, and thanks all and Brush what you said makes sense too, but I noticed SteveO's number 3000 and something so I just thought that's a HUGE difference over what the board says as far as how many registered members are here. :)

Edited by RottieGrrrl

We get a lot of "spam" registrations. People that want to get on an do damage. Some of these registrations are done by "bots" or programs that search the internet for sites and try to register. Each registration, whether approved or not get a number. Those that are deleted make a hole in the numbering sequence.

[/quote SPAM!!! when i was a little kid my grandmother used to buy cans of spam and i would eat it right from the can! now i know what happened to me! i still like spam and pop tarts !!!!