GreaseSpot Cafe

So what is the latest skinny on TWI?

Caveman

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the only ones here "wound up" are some innies. They're "taking a stand" dontcha know.

I try and be loving and accepting to people with all kinds of belly buttons, be they innies or outies

Are you guys serious about this homosexuality/original sin thing?....

I was in TWI in 2000, and Homosexuality as Original Sin was a very big thing being taught in my Household. You were not supposed to be friends with gay people, because that was "condoning" homsexuality.

I think that it's very likely that after top leadership lost all biblical integrity and every other kind for the most part that they were only looking for good sounding causes with which they could rally the troops behind.

IMO this kind of leadership is at its worst when the leaders speak of the things of GOD, as if their conscience wasn't probably completely corrupted by then.

Somehow I found the 600 believable. The numbers are probably exagerated anyway in this ministry that "has no members so that nobody can get kicked out" (vpw).

I would be interested in knowing what the real memebership figures are, too. I agree that the true figures are probably closely guarded. Here in SoFla back in 2000, there were TWI all over the place. At least one branch per county, and Households were almost literally in every community. I used to see TWI stickers on cars every once in a while. But after I bailed, which was right after the Martindale affair (pun intended!), it seemed like everyone dropped off the face of the earth. I've not seen hide nor hair of anyone in TWI since....not that this is a bad thing:)

Maybe they just took the bumperstickers off of their cars for shame.

GOO-BE-GONE works total wonders, even for the back of Bibles.

Fascinating point Brideofjc.

The back of my bible will keep the old "Way Ambassador" sticker on though.

Even though it reminds me of much worse things now than it did a short while ago, for me it's a true reminder of the cost of error and that God will judge. It may only work that way for me, I don't know.

Peace,

JEFF

I think that they were just trying to conform the Word of God to their own theology

I think that you're correct here Caveman.

It saddens me though that part of what I consider as the best from PFAL is remembering that we were to rise to the level of God's Word and not bring it down to our level. In retrospect, my experience in my little splinter group is that if you tell a minister who thinks he's the top dog that the reason his teachings are so bad is that because HE is the one with the problem you might be hated and rejected.

Here at the Greasespot we have a lot of folks learned the hard way like I did when they tried to confront TWI b.s.

Dear Brideofjc,

That was such an interesting point that you made that I can't help but wonder where the information came from about the " stickers on the back of bibles." I shared with you once that I don't mind when people tell me stuff, but I have a habit of proving those things.

Was it inspiration, was it happenstance, was it something else?

Personally, if I'm thinking something I like to keep it clear where the thought came from as much as possible. Sometimes it helps me determine if a thought came from people or the spirit of God. ( I gladly ask for patience here from my non-christian friends. I can't help it, make of it what you will.)

I've met folks who objected to that sticker and for the most part they don't say anything. BORING, BORING, BORING.

Bride and Jeff,

Stickers on the back of Bibles...

A few months ago, I found my old pocket sized Bible in a box and it has a Way sticker on the front of it that not only takes up the whole front but hangs a little off the side. I hadn't even thought of trying to remove it. I use a large print one now.

I think that you're correct here Caveman.

It saddens me though that part of what I consider as the best from PFAL is remembering that we were to rise to the level of God's Word and not bring it down to our level. In retrospect, my experience in my little splinter group is that if you tell a minister who thinks he's the top dog that the reason his teachings are so bad is that because HE is the one with the problem you might be hated and rejected.

Here at the Greasespot we have a lot of folks learned the hard way like I did when they tried to confront TWI b.s.

Dear Brideofjc,

That was such an interesting point that you made that I can't help but wonder where the information came from about the " stickers on the back of bibles." I shared with you once that I don't mind when people tell me stuff, but I have a habit of proving those things.

Was it inspiration, was it happenstance, was it something else?

Personally, if I'm thinking something I like to keep it clear where the thought came from as much as possible. Sometimes it helps me determine if a thought came from people or the spirit of God. ( I gladly ask for patience here from my non-christian friends. I can't help it, make of it what you will.)

I've met folks who objected to that sticker and for the most part they don't say anything. BORING, BORING, BORING.

Hey Jeff,

Don't wish to sound like I'm totally in the dark....but I am....LOL

Do please tell me what point I made that was so fascinating to you? As far as stickers on the back of bibles, I had mine there on the bible I bought at their bookstore. When I was so totally disgusted at the deception perpetrated, one day when I was reviewing all of the bogus errors that I had actually taken the time to write down in the "wide margins", I spied it and tried to peel it off. It came off, but left a gooey mess. So I used a product called GOO-BE-GONE and off came all of the old goo from the old sticker. I will never put stickers on my bible again, from anyplace that I might be involved with ever again.

The Housekeeping Department at HQ could have told you that, Bride!!

Well, I didn't think it appropriate to call them, since I was no longer involved with them. :biglaugh: