GreaseSpot Cafe

So anyone who wants to can see

Rocky

I'm thinking the glass floors were in the "stacks" - the part where the bookshelves were. I think the purpose of the glass was to let the daylight through from the windows.

And I think the glass was frosted, so you couldn't really see through it.

My memory is pretty faded; I could just be making this all up in my mind, but I don't think so. :rolleyes:

I'm thinking the glass floors were in the "stacks" - the part where the bookshelves were. I think the purpose of the glass was to let the daylight through from the windows.

And I think the glass was frosted, so you couldn't really see through it.

My memory is pretty faded; I could just be making this all up in my mind, but I don't think so. :rolleyes:

OK .. I was thinking they meant up in the dome ... but you are saying right behind the desk ... that almost stirs some brain cells ... :biglaugh:

OK .. I was thinking they meant up in the dome ... but you are saying right behind the desk ... that almost stirs some brain cells ... :biglaugh:

Shoot, I'm trying to remember the layout but it's all fuzzy!

You walk in and the main floor and rooms off to each side, and you went up the stairs to the stacks(?) and then the dome was one more set of steps??? And I remember having some kind of small class in a room in the basement(?)

Oh, someone help my poor old brain...

Shoot, I'm trying to remember the layout but it's all fuzzy!

You walk in and the main floor and rooms off to each side, and you went up the stairs to the stacks(?) and then the dome was one more set of steps??? And I remember having some kind of small class in a room in the basement(?)

I'm sure someone will remember better ... here's my guess ...

There was a desk first thing in the front door, and some of the usual library like stacks were in a section of the building straight behind the desk ... and that had a second floor ... maybe that was the glass floor, which would let more light into the lower floor stacks. It seems the building had a section behind the dome ... making the building "T" shaped?

Were there matching stairways by the entrances? I don't recall what was up there, maybe a couple small offices?

• 3 weeks later...

I called the library to satisfy my curiosity ... and yes, the glass floor was in the stacks, directly behind the desk as you walked in.

I'm still not sure what was up those stairs on the south side ... I imagine the stacks had those little metal library stairs to go up ... though maybe it was accessible from the other stairs as well.

Divine design used to work out of the basement when I was there.

I remember taking the PFAL class in the Seabees in 1974 (the year TWI aquired the WCE campus, correct me if i'm wrong).

I also remember that some of my friends that took the class in the service (Gary Matsuk, Littlehawk, and a few others if i'm not mistaken) may have even went to help work on the campus to do work on helping get the buildings fixed up during the 1 month leave we had comming per year.

Seeing the pics of the old campus bring back a lot of memories. I lived there from november 1978 to just before the ROA '79.

Looking back on that time now i would have never gotten back involved with the ministry.

At the time I remember that when I took the class, most of the fellowships pretty much ran themselfs, not with all of the leagalism that was starting to build at the time. I know 20/20 hindsight and all that, but there was a lot of fun mixed in those times too that was later quelched out as not meeting the strick standards of the "Overseers" that was to come.

When I was at Emporia I remember that some of the guys made a water ballon slingshor with 2 pieces of the strechy rubber tubing and a water funnel and got up on the balcony of the middle 'Dorm' south of the dining hall and started shooting water ballons at the people on the grounds. As i remember they were getting the ballons as far as the west side of the steps going into Kenyon Hall.