GreaseSpot Cafe

soap opera threads locked

excathedra

Rocky, Excathedra and jeno.

The mods here work hard to make this a pleasant place. If you dislike them or what they do so much, why not just leave. This site has been a labor of love. And the payback are the sarcastic comments about a thankless job.

...Hopefully not completely thankless, unless the advertisers are remiss with their abundant sharing? However, it sounds like you might need a break from the serious job of chasing cult posting rif raf after all these years? :confused:

By the way...how do you apply for one of those "thankless jobs" anyway? Are there any perks like a badge or a saddle? :rolleyes:

Only kiddin Paw, I push those ad buttons all day, especially the ones promoting Christian gay dating services! :biglaugh:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=new...id=aEIz18ZoPk6M

What do you think, maybe they might find a dormant cyber cult this time around and film them jumping from behind martian rocks!

Hey, relax, take a day off, it's a holiday! You deserve it!! :eusa_clap:

The thread was not shut down due to the subject matter. It was shut down due to the actions of some of the participants.
maybe some mods have personal issues with the subject matter....

love in dots.....

i never said i disliked anyone, i gave an opinion
And apparently your opinion is that the moderator is lying.

But that's just my opinion :evildenk:

Edited by Oakspear

I have already posted that I did not shut those threads down due to the subject matter, but because of the behavior of several of the participants.

I explained in the past how we moderators operate: we do not have a schedule, or a "patrol beat", so if we don't happen to look at certain threads, fights, name calling etc can get by us, unless reported.

Rocky started a thread that posted a video from JR's site as well as JR's explanation. The last time I checked the conversation remained civil.

The moderators on this site are not a secretive cabal out to stifle free speech and shut down psoters we don't like. Speaking for myself, I am a long-time poster who cares about this site and its mission and am willing to volunteer my time to support it and its owner, pawtucket.

Feel free to amuse yourselves by dreaming up motives that aren't there, or suggesting that I am not being truthful.

[in the spirit of disclosure, I changed my handle from "moddishwasher" to "Mod Cow" - I just got tired of the old handle, the new one has a story behind it that maybe I'll share when I feel like it]

I would never!

And pawtucket, why would you take any thing so personal? Gosh... regardless of the reasons, I think it probably was about time those threads were shut down.

P.S... I am confident that I am not universally liked, either here or at the WC site... and it really doesn't bother me. I would hope that would be where most folks are in their own lives too...

There were some valid points made. However, I still believe one can make a point better by being as objective as possible. Namecalling is unnecessary and adds nothing of value to the conversation. It detracts from the message, no matter what it is.

i never said i disliked anyone, i gave an opinion

Speaking of which...I just received a faint message from the GS Crypt, of one old TWI Cult member, cast into the lonely darkness reaching out to anyone who might hear...? :biglaugh:

"Jonny Lingo Speaks From The Outer Chains Of Darkness"...

"I noticed that I have a number of private messages in my "PM" box. However, since I have been cast into the outer chains of darkness, into a "cyber purgatory" if you will, I have been unable to answer those particular private messages. I so want to be polite and respond, but alas, I can see that they are there, but I am like a ghost who can see life on earth here, but cannot take part in it. I reach out, but I cannot touch. It is like the torture of Sisyphus whose punishment was that of rolling a boulder up a hill, only to have it roll back down to the bottom each time he finally gets it to the top. I wander about in the darkness, crying and cutting myself with stones, hoping that someone would come along and annoint mine eyes with oil, and tell me to "go dance with those angels on the head of that pin and thou shalt be a Tiny Dancer" But when I see someone coming through the mist, I flee, naked and wounded, wondering if I will ever "get outa this place, if it's the last thing I ever do"! Therefore I have requested the assistance of my faithful friend Bumpy, who, as a friend indeed, will carry out this humble request. I thank you for that Bumpy. And so, If you would like for me to be able to read the unanswered messages you have sent me , go to your "messages sent" box, copy the note that you wrote to me, and then paste it in an e-mail and send it to frankee38@hotmail.com . Then I shall be able to read it, and even respond to you. Thank you for responding to my thread...

From the Outer Darkness

Jonny Lingo"

(I don't know what happened to Oldiesman? But maybe he has been locked up as well??) :biglaugh:

Let's hope this shall not be our fate when "Judgement Day" comes for us all...? (that is All without exception!) :biglaugh:

Speaking of which...I just received a faint message from the GS Crypt, of one old TWI Cult member, cast into the lonely darkness reaching out to anyone who might hear...?

Maybe that flying Pig will toss him a pie with a file in it. Shhhhh .......

Bumpy:

Please tell Jonny to try his PM's now. He was supoosed to have access to his PM's. I believe it is fixed now.

Oldiesman is not suspended as far as I know.

Dear Mad Cow! I don't normally speak to the dead but this guy reached out with a message that arrived on my ouija board which the doc left me to play with last time I saw him! (I think he said it didn't work so well in the bus?)

Anyway, I'm just worried there may be a lot more decomposed bodies, missing persons, suicides, etc., down there in the GS Crypt? If somebody starts digging, we may have to send Word Wolf down there to document and dispose of the evidence! :biglaugh:

PS, I think my PM might be out of order too, can you send a repairman? Btw. Do you like oysters? :)

http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnough...630835420080527