GreaseSpot Cafe

Nico and I in the paper!

RottieGrrrl

Funny Ron! :) And thanks! The lady with the Chihuahua cheeses me though. She must be somebody's friend at the paper. :realmad: This story was MY idea, they never heard of this day before I called them up and told them about it! On the front page of the "print" edition, there is a small (very small!) pic of Nico and Giuseppe, the English Bulldog, who is one of my neighboring tenants. The Bulldog was so much cuter than the chihuahua! The Chihuahua lady could have been two pics of Nico and the Bulldog!

Great idea, Rottie! I think that would be such a stress-reliever at the work place. My wife and I have actually talked about such a thing several times "Wouldn't it be great if we could take one of our dogs to work." Unfortunately, that just won't fly at either of our jobs :( . Nico looks like a real sweetie. I got a kick out of the side comment:

"Nico, her Rottweiler, acts as a greeter at the office she manages in Oak Brook and gets along well with many of the other dogs."

The key word is "many" – I pity the few that don't get along so well :biglaugh: .

Edited by T-Bone

T-Bone I hear ya, I only work with my boss, who is a huge dog lover, so I'm really lucky. I never had a job like that before either, where you can take your dog to work.

And YEAH! Why did they include that word "many"? It makes it sound like there are some that she doesn't get along with. The only thing I can think of is when the reporter called me (he did the "interview" over the phone) He asked me if other tenants in our building bring their dogs to work and I said Yeah, we have a few tenants that do...So I'm thinking that the "many" was supposed to mean that "many" dogs come to work with their owners? But it sure doesn't sound like that!

Edited by RottieGrrrl

Hi RottieGrrrl,

Your rottie even looks like a real sweetheart, but I think putting her in a handbag is out of the question, huh. snicker, snicker

Thanks for the picture and the story too.

Jeff

RottieGrrrl, thanks for posting this. I liked the picture of you and Nico.

I had a large black & white mixed breed dog who was very sweet, got along with everyone including cats, but he passed away in January. I really miss Rolly, especially when I go for walks.

I have a good friend who has a Labrador retriever and a chihuahua. Of the two, the Lab is the friendlier one. But she has a collection of designer bags to carry her chihuahua around in. "It takes all kinds to make a world..."

hampshire: I know how ya feel. When I lost my shepherd/husky mix and went for a walk alone I felt...empty.

I'm NOT knocking little dogs! I LIKE little dogs. Nico LOVES little dogs. I'm just frustrated cause this is so obviously a friend of someone there, she owns a hair salon in freaking NAPERVILLE which certain people feel is the new center of the universe, and she must cut someone's hair at the paper, (probably the editor) which is located in NAPERVILLE. And it is just so..........NAPERVILLEISQUE.. It really PO's me.

BTW, a TWI offshoot is in NAPERVILLE. And take my word, this is so typical for NAPERVILLE which tries to pretend it's the next Beverly Hills 90210 or whatever and where TWI nuts believe that NAPERVILLE is probably going to be where the next coming of Christ is going to happen.

Nough said. Dang I have a cute dog!

Edited by RottieGrrrl

I thought the picture of you and Nico was wonderful!

I am usually a big dog fan, but after Sophie passed, I got a cocker spaniel puppy. We've had a cocker spaniel before. We want to do some traveling and it is easier to find pet friendly places to stay with a smaller dog, and also, quite honestly, I am just not ready for a labrador retriever again. Every time I see a picture of a yellow lab, especially one with a pink nose, I tear up.

The new pup, Bodacious Buckeye, is a black and white tricolor, meaning she also has tan on her, particularly a mostly black face with tan "eyebrows" Mr. Garden thinks she looks like a Rottweiler working undercover.

She is a lot of fun, but a lot of work. So much energy! IF I could only teach her to use it to wash dishes, etc.

WG

Agreed about places being more pet friendly with smaller dogs. Many motels/hotels have a weight limit. And even if they didn't many places would be VERY leary about having a rottweiler stay with them, they wouldn't care if I told them she's the friendliest dog in the world.

Don't you be looking at yellow labs with pink noses if it makes you so sad! :( Yeah I see a lot of black and tan markings on certain dogs. Gorden Setters, mini pins, regular pinchers etc.

Well, today is THE DAY! TYDTWD. I'm going to blare the song full blast. You can play it at takeyourdog.com