GreaseSpot Cafe

Osteens and Lakewood Church

Tom Geiger

OMG Joel Osteen seals the sum of the vapid wasteland that is Modern American Evangelicalism.

It is disturbing that so many thousands lap up this tripe and think they are nourished.

This is just my opinion of course.

BTW, ten to one she was called "Vicky" until she assumed the crown.

Edited by Yanagisawa

Joel Osteen?...This guy is the latest star of the TV "Christian" whores who are getting filthy rich from the "gospel"...

Interestingly enough, when John McCain was recently asked by a reporter what books he was reading...McCain, who had made a complete flip flop on his "agents of intolernace" remark about conservative Christians and was now pandering their support, said that "Osteen was at the top of his list"..."he's inspirational" McCain said....HA!

Writer Matt Taibbi says of Osteen...

"Of all the vile, fake, lyingass, money grubbing shyster scumbags on the face of this planet, there is perhaps none more loathsome than Osteen, a human haircut with baseball size teeth who has made a fortune selling the apalling only-in-America idea that terrestrial greed is actually a form of Christian devotion"...

"Of all the vile, fake, lyingass, money grubbing shyster scumbags on the face of this planet, there is perhaps none more loathsome than Osteen, a human haircut with baseball size teeth who has made a fortune selling the apalling only-in-America idea that terrestrial greed is actually a form of Christian devotion"...

Well now Groucho I don't feel as strongly about him as you do, but I must say that last part is a classic. Especially a human haircut with baseball size teeth. I'll have to remember that one for someone else somewhere down the line. :lol:

Does anyone know of the Osteens? I saw this news article pop-up and I have no knowledge of these guys, although it seems they are well known:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080806/ap_on_..._s_wife_lawsuit

Well, the VERDICT is in... and it's not necessarily an editorial assessment of the Osteens' ministry, but the jury says there was NO ASSAULT.

Osteen verdict

Yup. The flight attendant definitely went over the top. Perhaps if she reeled it in qutie a bit, she _might_ have won.

Oh well. *Queen* Victoria will get her comeuppance another day. ... People like that invariably do.

<_<