GreaseSpot Cafe

Please pray for my buddy Mark who fell fifty feet

J0nny Ling0

My friend, Mark Reese, a fellow construction worker, and an Iron Worker who is used to heights and working way up, fell off a cliff in Ketchikan, AK last week and is now in critical condition w/a very bad head injury, and may also be paralyzed. He was walking along a road that is fifty to sixty feet above a lower road that runs along the waterfront. Somehow he fell, and was found unconscious sometime in the morning. He is a fine fellow and true blue to his friends, wife and kids. We are praying that he has a full recovery, although it seems that his injuries are terribly grievous. I know this should have gone into the "Prayer" forum, but I thought there'd be more to notice it if posted here. He's a big ol teddy bear of a man, and very kind hearted. Thanks.

http://juneauempire.com/stories/080508/reg_313830473.shtml

Thanks guys, gals. I've heard over at "G.W.Teals", the neighborhood bar where all the construction workers go for beer after work during the 'happy hour" time, that Mark has had a couple of surgeries so far. First, they relieved the pressure on his skull by taking off part of his skull, some how. Then, they have also hooked him up to some nerve thing that sends an electrical impulse to his arms and legs to see if they respond. So far, only his arms, indicating upper body) have responded, and not his legs. But, his vital signs are strong, and so, maybe he will yet live. I guess it's that bad. Pretty subdued atmosphere at Teals. Damn, a good, nice hard working guy. But I guess in life, making mistakes can bring terrible consequences. Just a slip one way, and no problem. Just a slip in the other direction and wham. Big problems. It's just weird, ya know?