GreaseSpot Cafe

TWI Financial Statement/Self-Supporting Twigs

Goey

Don't try too hard Leafy, it's not worth it, trust me. :biglaugh:

"Twigs" were supposedly self-propelled and self-bossing. "In cooperation with the next exofficio level of the Way Tree". This was, in fact, the way it was described for many years.

Exofficio is an interesting term. Applied in the Way it meant another level into the organization, a person who wasn't a full time hire or appointee to that position. Another volunteer, someone who held a position of oversight.

Twig to Branch, usually is as far as that got. Area and higher ranks were generally assigned positions, salaried "staff" of the Way. "Official" positions.

Twigs quickly became non-self-governing when the Way Nash HQ started calling all the shots from the "next official level" in the Way tree. "elders" and "leaders" were appointed to all levels, "self-governing" or not. Classes were on "concurrent" schedules. Class minimums for student sign ups were enforced. Twig Abundant Sharings were reported and monitored. Twig teaching schedules eventually were governed in many areas. Themes and topics cycled through the fellowships at the same time. Fellowship "orders of service" were established to insure that all the right things were being done. Many areas regulated the numbers of times a "twig" was to meet a week. Etc. Etc. Etc.

This gestapo-like "cooperation" was anything but. It was a regulated, governed, restrictive system that weakened trust and promoted egotism.

It sure takes away from teh spirit of the first church of acts when it is like that. I really am glad I left when I did.. And it really shows what happened to cause it all to implode. Well all that plus all the lies and deciet and general greed.

I think people were much happier volunteering when they had control of their twig and had a say in what was taught.. What a shame that they never really understood that what people were atracted to was the ability to study teh bible and understand it.. and be together with other people

On another thread I think but it might have been this one some one said church is a social event and your walk is personal.. yes that is partly true but we are a herd mammel.. and we crave and enjoy (most anyway) being together .. To me that is the biggest reason for getting together with other believers whether in a church or a fellowship.

They really did suck the life right out of the believers didn't they.

In many respects yes. Some of the best people I've known in my life were people in the Way.

For many years I felt it was a good way to go. Not always the best, but reaonable on many different counts. That word "reasonable" was and is important to me. If there's reasonable progress, good work I can do, solvable problems and a common desire to work together, a lot can be done. I haven't found that life has a magic wand anywhere that waves over everything and makes it ideal. Work is required, effort, investment of mind and body. That's standard running op', IMO.

There was a brick wall at the end of the tunnel though for me. Fortunately I rerouted. Nearly everyone I know did, or has over time. It's for the best.

In many respects yes. Some of the best people I've known in my life were people in the Way.

For many years I felt it was a good way to go. Not always the best, but reaonable on many different counts. That word "reasonable" was and is important to me. If there's reasonable progress, good work I can do, solvable problems and a common desire to work together, a lot can be done. I haven't found that life has a magic wand anywhere that waves over everything and makes it ideal. Work is required, effort, investment of mind and body. That's standard running op', IMO.

There was a brick wall at the end of the tunnel though for me. Fortunately I rerouted. Nearly everyone I know did, or has over time. It's for the best.

:asdf: When the wall is to big to go under over around or through it is time to run the other way....

• 1 year later...