GreaseSpot Cafe

Happy Hanukah - Happy Midwinter's Night - December 21st

Oakspear

While I was still in TWI my kids heard Adam Sandler sing his Hanukah Song on the radio and were curious about what Hanukah was. Having had a number of Jewish friends growing up in NYC, I explained it to them. We ended up celebrating Hanukah for 2 or 3 years. This thoroughly confused everyone who knew us, since they all knew that we weren't Jewish. Amazingly, we never were "reproved" by TWI leadership, and our TC's daughter gave me a dreidel one year.

As a pagan, Midwinter's Night, aka Yule, aka Winter Solstice, is the "holy" day for me these days.

So happy whatever your holiday is :jump::dance::dance::dance::beer:

I am a mean ole gal when it comes to winter. Winter is a mean ole unholy to me. I am one of those people that really starts to suffer from lack of sunshine about the first of January. The temps here aren't that bad except for about 2 to 3 weeks a winter. Give me many long, long hours of sunshine.

I am saving up money to live somewhere that when it is winter here it is summer there. My only requirement is potable running water into the dwelling. Have sunshine...can deal with the rest.