GreaseSpot Cafe

Lonnie Frisbee

cheranne

I just bought the dvd Frisbee and watched it with my 19 year old son.

He said why isn't church like THAT anymore? I said I don't know that's why I don't go.

I heard somewhere that vpw went and met with these young "hippies" back in the day.

Lonnie did not want anything to do with The Way International(pretty smart insight back then!)

I won't give the movie (documentary away)but it was good with all that flower power ,the

sixties were a real turning point for so many people and I believe had it stayed a certain

way and not conformed it could have been a good thing.

I just bought the dvd Frisbee and watched it with my 19 year old son.

He said why isn't church like THAT anymore? I said I don't know that's why I don't go.

I heard somewhere that vpw went and met with these young "hippies" back in the day.

Lonnie did not want anything to do with The Way International(pretty smart insight back then!)

I won't give the movie (documentary away)but it was good with all that flower power ,the

sixties were a real turning point for so many people and I believe had it stayed a certain

way and not conformed it could have been a good thing.

He did much more than just meet with them.

He commandeered the movement from Heefner and Doop.

http://www.charismamag.com/jesusmovement/

Look at this! Brings back memories. I was apart of the Jesus movement around 1971, then TWI.

Interesting to read this. How many of us were Jesus Freaks first?

Thanks Dot! I was a Jesus freak at heart (didn't get involved with twi til 78 )

If you listen closely to the Frisbee DVD, one of these guys (Doop, Heefner) -- I forget which, sorry -- is mentioned. Just once, but it is there.

Pretty much what that church did to Frisbee is what old Vic did to Doop and Heefner: invite them to become involved with his church, wait for all their followers and all their enthusiam to build a loyal following for twi, then once the whole thing was rolling, just boot Doop and Heefner out the back door for "spiritual" reasons.