GreaseSpot Cafe

Why are all splinter groups "teaching ministries?"

skyrider

Where are the George Muellers who start an orphanage of 150-190 kids....to prove that God's love and power will intervene time and time again to help this undertaking of believing God daily?

I don't know about the offshoots or the offshoots-splinters, :) but, I do remember TWI speaking of George Mueller. Made the book a must read. I am glad I kept it.

Funny, it was in relation to believing God's provision, and the orphanges were mentioned, but it was not in relation to provision in service to others. At least outside the "Household." I housed and sponsored enough people to know it was inside the group. ABS was a good illustration of that as well.

How did we make that disconnect so easily?

John Wesley's practical piety was really distorted, into this odd no debt, subsistence standard of living for the ministry. John Wesley realized that he had foolishly spent money on something useless and had none left to buy a coat for a cold maid. Hardly what we were led to understand.

Money continually flowing inward to shore up the lifestyle of self-proclaimed ministers is not the same thing as charity and alms for the poor.

"Let thine alms sweat into thine hands until thou knowest to whom thou art giving." wasn't real big with TWI or its offshoots. . . at least in practical terms.

You have to ask yourself. . . when does all this great "Special" knowledge . . . . known from these unique teaching ministries. . . . . ever really see the light of day?

Edited by geisha779

I don't know about the offshoots or the offshoots-splinters, :) but, I do remember TWI speaking of George Mueller. Made the book a must read. I am glad I kept it.

Funny, it was in relation to believing God's provision, and the orphanges were mentioned, but it was not in relation to provision in service to others. At least outside the "Household." I housed and sponsored enough people to know it was inside the group. ABS was a good illustration of that as well.

Ain't that the truth of the matter........... :asdf:

Read George Mueller.........look at his believing. See, that's how you walk by believing.....yada, yada, yada.

No mention of love, concern and welfare of the kids through the years. No mention of the service to the community. No mention of the thousands of hours of monthly workload that such an undertaking entailed.

The twi a-g-e-n-d-a was to promote "the law of believing"......to promote the wierwille cult.

Selective scriptures........selective teachings.......cherry-pick here a little.......cherry-pick there a little.

<_<

Skyrider said

No mention of love, concern and welfare of the kids through the years. No mention of the service to the community. No mention of the thousands of hours of monthly workload that such an undertaking entailed.

The twi a-g-e-n-d-a was to promote "the law of believing"......to promote the wierwille cult.

Selective scriptures........selective teachings.......cherry-pick here a little.......cherry-pick there a little.

It seems to me that everything a teaching ministry does or tries to do can be done from an easy chair - no sweat involved. The upper echelons of such "ministries" avoid sweat at any cost. Now-a-days, you don't even have to lift those heavy books....just alt/tab your way through the pages and then copy and paste.

On the other hand, I don't think there is anything that a service ministry does that can be done sitting down. And you can't do any of it without sweating... rivulets of sweat or sheets of it - - depending on the body part.

Funny thing, though - - it's easy for me to imagine Jesus Christ in both venues.

Actually.. the "overhead" is even less than one would think..

start with stolen goods, plagiarized works..

jl and crew left twi with a pretty big "package" of plagiarized goods..

and the idea of "research"?

spend the next twenty years, or longer.. rehashing pfal, way doctrine, reaffirming themselves they've got the greatest "package" since the earth cooled..

one decade after another..

"it's a living" I guess..

I've read a few of their "works".. and they are not substantially different than what was produced in the old ministry. Same old tired stuff.. just a different "package".