GreaseSpot Cafe

What a stark contrast

RumRunner

RumRunner,

I think you miss understood my intent, obviously I worded my posts very badly, please forgive me.

I have many friends who are jewish. I would never do anything to besmurch what this woman did or any of the other brave individuals who stood up to Natzi Germany and dedicated their lives to rescueing people and righting the horror that was done.

I posted it so some people who said they could not stomache the other guy could have an alternative to watch and the last coment was so they would know they could watch the video you posted with out too much political comentary on his part.

I hate politics so I understood why they might hesitate to watch it.

But I never meant it to be anything more than an oportunity for people to see how wonderful Irena Sendler was.

She is a shining example of how we all should be comporting ourselves. I thank you again for bringing this womans life to my attention I had never heard of her before.

Edited by leafytwiglet

No Leafy I didn't misunderstand your intent - you did just fine by posting another vid about the woman - you did NOT word your posts badly - nor do you need forgiveness from the likes of me...

My ribald comments were about the fact that I did not know who this commentator was (I don't watch TV) I just liked the vid and passed it on - and - as is common here - it turned into a political discussion rather than a discussion of the strength of character of this woman

RumRunner,

I think you miss understood my intent, obviously I worded my posts very badly, please forgive me.

No Leafy I didn't misunderstand your intent - you did just fine by posting another vid about the woman - you did NOT word your posts badly - nor do you need forgiveness from the likes of me...

My ribald comments were about the fact that I did not know who this commentator was (I don't watch TV) I just liked the vid and passed it on - and - as is common here - it turned into a political discussion rather than a discussion of the strength of character of this woman

Actually, RR, your "ribald" comments were about the fact that YOU misunderstood the context of the responses to your initial post to be a politicization of your innocent and innocuous post. (the ONLY fact is that you misunderstood the responses)

Not really sure how it turned into a food fight -

But Rummie thank you for posting this. What a gorgeous story about a wonderful woman. That is a lovely sharing post Rummie posted and I am richer for hearing it. The other version- Thanks for posting another version because I liked seeing the "period" looking kids - it took me back in time.

Thanks so much for this story.. I am speechless... Now SHE was a true hero.

I moved the last 5 posts from this thread to one in Politacks called Glenn Beck/ Chuck Norris. You can see them there...

including Rumrunner's from which this excerpt is reposted here:

(taken from

Indeed the guy sounds like a scum and I can understand the revulsion those of you who watch TV could easily feel. Anyway - enough - cut me a break!!!

his complete post is here: http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/index.ph...st&p=461204

I posted the excerpt here so that Rumrunner was not left hanging on this thread. I hope that takes care of it

And I echo the applause for Irena