GreaseSpot Cafe

Vomituary

Catcup

I apologize in advance for the Xs, but I want to respect her privacy. But this very accomplished person many years ago showed me the obituary she had written herself, and told me that she had expressed her wishes to her son, the executor of her estate, to have it sent to the local newspaper upon her death. Instead, this is what I found:

XXXXX age XX has fallen asleep and is awaiting the return of her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. She was born XXXXX [on] xxxxx, xxxx in XXXXXX XX to XXXXXand XXXXX. While she resided in XXXXX for most of her life, she moved to the XXXXXXX area to be with her son XXXX and his family in 2001. Most recently, she was a resident at XXXXX Assisted Living community in XXXXXX. XXXXXX was active in the Boy Scouts of America, and received the Silver Fawn award in 1974 for her outstanding service to Scouting and the community. She was a lifetime member of the XXXXX Naturalists Association and attended fellowships with The Way International ministry. She is preceded in death by her husband XXXXXXXX. XXXXX loved God. She will be remembered with praise for her constant willingness to help others and for her humor and strong will. She was a virtuous woman who took great pride in the family she loved. Surviving are her children, XXXXX and XXXXX, XXXX XXX and XXXXXXXX, XXXX and XXXX XXXX, XXXX and XXXX XXXX, and XXXXX and XXXXX XXXXX, eleven grand children and nine great-grand children. There will a private family memorial at historic XXXXXX Cemetery in XXXXXX XXXX. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made in memory of XXXXX XXXXXX to the Boy Scouts of America, XXXXX XXXXXX Council, PO Box XXXX, XXXXXXX XX XXXXXand/or Hospice of XXXXX, XXX XXXXXX. Sentiments and memories can be sent via email to XXXXXl@yahoo.com ; via mail to XXXX XXXXXX., XXXXX.

While her son took excellent care of her and oversaw her affairs as she grew more feeble with age, her wishes as expressed to me many years ago, were not honored. I don't like putting this here, because this is so private, but I was severely disappointed (to put it mildly-- my stomach is still upset). It breaks my heart.

Do you know why he didn't honour this last request?

With the ref to TWI - is he one who has been hurt by them (directly or indirectly)? (If so, perhaps that bit could have been edited to read just a little differently).

I wonder if it would be appropriate for you to post a slightly amended version on the anniversary of her death, in the In Memoriam section of the local newspaper. That way, at least some recognition of what she stood for would still be publicly announced.

For all you folks who don’t believe this site is being watched:

I rarely if ever, post here anymore. I post so infrequently that most of you may not even recognize my handle. But within 2 hours of posting this thread, we got a phone call from the executor of the estate.

Hmmmm. Beddy, Beddy interestink. Coinkydink? I think not. Fer cryin' out loud, XXXX, I DID say you took "excellent care" of her.

As far as what it was supposed to read? There were a lot more things in there about her accomplishments, and definitely no (gag) "WaySpeak" or references to TWI. If you could read what her actual ccomplishments were, using the wayphrase "virtuous woman" would have been redundant.

I thank you for your condolences. The anniversary issue of the obit sounds like a good idea.

Edited by Catcup

Based upon the number of paranoia and conspiracy theory moments I experienced while involved in TWI and splinter, I have no doubt that people monitor these boards for activity. But to call you is a bit over the top, don'cha think?

I don't know what to call it besides arrogance, but the need to interject wayspeak at times like this (assuming to instruct the unwashed masses about "the truth") never ceases to amaze me.

Catcup, my sincere condolences to you and to all those hurt by this loss.

I certainly don't discount the fact that the WayGB monitors this site. There's been plenty of proof of that in the past. I just wonder, though, if perhaps the executor or another family member who knows you post here looked in and saw your post?

Either way, it stinks. I think putting a Memorial message in the newspaper on the anniversary of her death would be an excellent way to honor her memory and her wishes.

Catcup, sorry for the loss of your friend. I had misread your first post and had assumed she had died a while ago.

Psalms 116:15 (New Living Translation)

The LORD's loved ones are precious to him; it grieves him when they die.

You could also publish the full obit in the Cafe's forum In Memoriam, as well. Probably a lot of people who post here also know her.

Edited by Twinky

I also have absolutely no doubt that there are people assigned to watch this site. lcm himself said so, and a closed and paranoid system like twi wouldn't suddenly stop ignoring the buzz.

You could also publish the full obit in the Cafe's forum In Memoriam, as well. Probably a lot of people who post here also know her.

I agree.

Catcup, I'm so sorry.

I also have absolutely no doubt that there are people assigned to watch this site. lcm himself said so, and a closed and paranoid system like twi wouldn't suddenly stop ignoring the buzz.

I think that secretly, TWI relishes any attention they can get at this point. Sure, we're not nice to them, but at least someone is paying some sort of attention to them. They are like lonely, bored little children.

• 1 month later...