GreaseSpot Cafe

because of the way international

brainfixed

i've been reading some things that i have questions about or just want to discuss more, but the topics were "old" and some of them were "hot" topics that broke down and weren't discussions anymore and some of them could break down, so in thinking about how to reraise the topics without causing problems i realized that what i was looking at inside of me was who i have become because of my experiences because of the way international, so i'm going to try this bullet thing to see if i can just name each thing that made me want to be involved in those other discussions and then see where that takes things, so here goes.

• it really riles my feathers when i hear people say or talk about how their religion is the "right" religion, and i no longer believe in "one true god" if i ever did.
  • i never did believe that the bible was the big thing the way international made it and i always thought that the way international made people bible worshippers, but now i also think that what is palmed off as the bible as a religious book is really more like a fable that is there to get people to think, and this whole "fits like a hand in a glove" is wasteful thinking because trying to make a fable into reality is like trying to make the cinderella story a "real" story that people must believe really happened exactly the way the story said it happened and then shape their lives around the story.
  • sex is not "true godly love" and does not have a proper place in a group setting and absolutely has no proper place in "ministering" to people, and i would never have even thought about sex having any place between anybody but lovers if i hadn't experienced the way international.
  • men are not at all in any way shape or form able to be the be all end all authority on everything and especially over a woman and her children.
  • being different from each other is good and is fun and is exciting, but it is not "evil" or "off in left field" and i would never have thought it was if i hadn't experienced the way international's insanity.
  • physical illness and mental illness are not "devil spirits" or "lack of believing" or "lazy" or "unrenewed mind" and i have come to understand that making illness all these "bad" things is just plain crazy thinking.
  • hitting children doesn't help them learn and grow at all, but it does teach them to hit and makes them fearful and skittish and angry and think bad about themselves.
  • humans are humans and there is no difference between "believers" and "unbelievers" in reality.
  • i have never found one documented incident of a "devil spirit" doing harm to anybody, but i have found hundreds of thousands of documented incidents of people harming other people, and the fact that i took all that time and energy to seek out the reality of this speaks to the purpose that the way international focussed so much on "devil spirits" was to keep me thinking wastefully so that i wouldn't look at what was going on in the way international, so now when anybody throws out "evil" about something i look at them and wonder what they're trying to hide about what they do and think and act like.
  • when people have anger about the way i act or think or feel or believe that is not at all harmful then the anger is not about anything "righteous" but is really about control.
  • i watch out for anybody claiming authority because authority is very different than knowledge and wisdom, but in the way international authority was more important than knowledge and wisdom and authority governed everything in the way international to the point that pedophiles and other abusers had authority and were given leadership positions while parents that knew better were considered "out in left field", and reading some discussions here really burned that understanding into my mind.

that's the "short" list, haha.

men are not at all in any way shape or form able to be the be all end all authority on everything and especially over a woman and her children.

I whole-heartedly agree..

I think there are at least a half a dozen good reasons the creator gave women a brain.. and a few human instincts..

• Upvote 1

that's not funny to me, but i might just be testy today.

Don't go to hard on Bolshevik. I think his exposure to "commited believers" were the likes of loy, rosie and donna, and let's not forget linder. Maybe that's enough to make one think they are all of sub-standard intellectual ability..

:biglaugh:

If the "leadership" at headquarters was anything like my last limb coordinator..

this guy.. his claim to fame was he knew enough to not eat bread and vegetables at the same meal..

it's true..

• Upvote 1

men are not at all in any way shape or form able to be the be all end all authority on everything and especially over a woman and her children.

A discussion about this recently caused me to tell my husband how convenient it was that Adam's "punishment" for his sin was to be made head over the woman. It made no sense at all for a "just" god to do that. I think someone made it up.

• Upvote 1

I really wonder where loy found these guys.. the limb guy would believe the moon was made of green cheese, at the loyster's assertion..

I still think they had a secret ceremony for induction into leadership, towards the middle of loy's reign.. where the inductees were required to swallow a prescribed quantity of turpentine, or huff the right kind of glue..

some of the ex-way ex-leadership around here were just lucky enough to be absent that day..

• Upvote 1

ok so it turned out that my day was testy and ok bolshevik i'm sorry for the knee-jerk reaction and i want you to know it had nothing to do with you but everything to do with how that word was used against me in my life. if i keep having knee-jerk reactions will i then become spastic, and if so then will i pass that along to my offspring and then their offspring will have jerky knees? i'm trying to be funny here, but most of the time my funny isn't funny to anybody else.

also i get the feeling that here yet again i am going through the "normal" stages of talking about my experiences in the way.

Yeah BRainy it is a kind of habit here for a bit .. you will get better or feel better... but like anything it takes time..

first you have to see the bad that was TWI in all it's ugliness then you have to start seeing your own things that are habits left over from twi.

then you start to find replacement behaviors so you don't continue the old TWI stuff.

and then you find peace or as much as any human can find.

Not every one who was in TWI was a jerk. In fact most of the folks I knew were really quite wonderful but then I left before THE LOY BOY turned things from bad to horrible.

The controlling thing takes a looong time to eradicate.

ok so it turned out that my day was testy and ok bolshevik i'm sorry for the knee-jerk reaction and i want you to know it had nothing to do with you but everything to do with how that word was used against me in my life. . .

no biggee

there are probably more appropriate terms I could have used. wayfers are a number of things.

sorry to hear that word was used to manipulate you and such