GreaseSpot Cafe

Easy Movie Quotes

It wasn't the movie I was thinking of, but I'll have to give it to you.  The song "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" was written by Art Garfunkel and sung by the malefactors crucified with "Brian" in Monty Python's Life of Brian (the movie I was thinking of).  It was also, however, sung by Jack Nicholson in As Good as It Gets.  Same line, same song, it's a winner.

George

7 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

It wasn't the movie I was thinking of, but I'll have to give it to you.  The song "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" was written by Art Garfunkel and sung by the malefactors crucified with "Brian" in Monty Python's Life of Brian (the movie I was thinking of).  It was also, however, sung by Jack Nicholson in As Good as It Gets.  Same line, same song, it's a winner.

George

Oh man, that's right....that is a good one.

Okay.  Hummmmmm..,  "I've got a hole in me pocket"?

Edited by Human without the bean

8 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

"Some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

George

A few hours before you posted this, I was in a discussion of the Batman movies, and that scene was a major part of the discussion.

This was the "first" "BATMAN" movie, with Adam West as Batman and the TV show cast (mostly) as the same characters. 

10 hours ago, WordWolf said:

"Gilligan's Island."  Co-starring "Spalding."

Yeah, you got it.

1 hour ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Since there was no theatrical "Gilligan's Island" movie, this must be some sort of clue.  I don't get it.

George

The quote is from someone stranded on an island and he finds a friend named Spalding.   What's there to not get George?

It's Tom Hanks from "Castaway".

Actually, "WIlson" was the "friend" in "Cast Away",  a ball made by the Wilson company.  The Spalding company makes those also.  Just as "Gilligan's Island" wasn't EXACTLY the movie, I misnamed the ball. (Then again, "Madagascar" spoofed "Wilson" with "Spalding" also in an obvious "Cast Away" reference.)

Paul Rodriguez wondered about the Skipper and Gilligan. "What's wrong with Gilligan AND the Skipper? Why hasn't anyone nailed Mary Ann yet? if there was a Chicano on the island, we would have overpopulated it.  'Yeah, Mary Ann!  Yeah, Ginger!  You know what?  Go ahead and bring Mrs Howell over, too...' "

It's always a shocker when we see how actors/actresses/performers have aged while we remember them from their roles.   Stan Laurel insisted on being out of the public eye in his later years. No matter how much money he was offered, he refused to make public appearances. He wanted people to remember Laurel and Hardy as they did, with no new memory of an older actor to interfere with that. 

8 hours ago, WordWolf said:

"White House."

WordWolf we know it's not whatever 'White House' is, but what we do know that it is is a movie line from the iconic Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman movie "Casablanca".   I'm curious to learn then however, what correlation there was, if any, between the  "White House" and what links "Casablanca" with it.  I'll  wait for your response, and I'm curious what it is that you have to say. I hope that there is something to it and that the "off the cuff" comment,. if it is one, is a prelude to something that I'm not aware of,  and now, more to the point......I know that you know, WordWolf, what movie the line "Here's looking at you, kid?" (ad-libbed  I believe) is from, but I wonder what made you post White House?  Ad-libbing, kidding, and ribbing aside, I would imagine that the classic "Casablance" movie line is in every list of "Top Movie Lines of All-Time" and at-least at somewhere in it's top ten.  So, I know you know it.  So, was Ingrid sleeping with President Roosevelt?  Or maybe, Mrs. Roosevelt?