GreaseSpot Cafe

is Colorado fading away?

potato

I guess my point was that, it parallels the rationalization that lying is "ok" at times.

Except that in this instance, suicide (which, in the Advanced Class, was expressly taught to be caused by a devil spirit) was not only "ok" but sanctioned by God.

Come to think of it, one of the other spirits listed in the AC was a "lying spirit".

(pages 20 & 21, for those who really need to know.)

I guess my point was that, it parallels the rationalization that lying is "ok" at times.

Except that in this instance, suicide (which, in the Advanced Class, was expressly taught to be caused by a devil spirit) was not only "ok" but sanctioned by God.

Come to think of it, one of the other spirits listed in the AC was a "lying spirit".

(pages 20 & 21, for those who really need to know.)

Since I didn't take any classes beyond PLAF, I don't know the context. What I did come to understand was that lying was acceptable any time the truth was inconvenient.

• Upvote 2

I just wonder what he is going to do, or even can do for a living when they put him out..

maybe like harve.. he'll try to convince some collection agency he has experience being an a***hole..

what am I missing????

He doesn't have to convince somebocy that he has experience being an a***hole.......that's what he really WAS all that time. No convincing there!

The lying is a byproduct of the political hierarchy in TWI. The people in these positions get to the point they put too much stock in the "God called me to this position" logic, and they justify whatever it takes to keep them in that position, primarily including lying to cover their @ss3s. They get into an "end justifies the means" mindset, and sweep huge lies under the carpet in the name of protecting "the ministry".

What they don't realize is that with their lies, they've already lost any genuine ministry from God. He simply no longer energizes where hearts produce falsehood. So all you have left is a structure and a set of procedures for producing teachings and fellowship meetings. The machine runs, but nothing is produced. The lights are on, but noone is home.

Most basically, from God's perspective there is "speaking the truth in love", and there is "speaking lies in hypocrisy". God doesn't back a liar, no matter how it may appear initially.

I wish I could post the ones I know about in detail, I truly do, because they're amazing. I just don't want the attention and I don't want it on my friends. I'm more concerned about the impact on them.

Many of us know much more than we can share. Suffice it to say concerning liars, I John records the fact that they live such a lie that they even deceive themselves. They have a compulsive need to redefine reality surrounding them that they continually revise the simplest of facts to conform to their little worlds. Christian Scientists can look at a broken bone, and instead of getting it splinted and operated on can say they see it whole. This is very similar to these liars we discuss. They lie to themselves to practice, so when they lie to others it's polished.

(((takes a bow)))

I wish I could post the ones I know about in detail, I truly do, because they're amazing. I just don't want the attention and I don't want it on my friends. I'm more concerned about the impact on them.

someday I'll write my memoirs, though :)

Dear Potato,

I am glad you shared what you did though. I haven't been around TWI proper for so long that I didn't even know what Rosie looked like when I came here, let alone hear of Mr. Wallace.

I am eagerly looking forward to the book. I'll settle for a rough draft even. :)

JEFF

Edited by JeffSjo
  • Upvote 1