GreaseSpot Cafe

Easy Answers to complex questions

Tzaia

Life is complex.

PFAL tried to narrow everything down to a formula that somehow need never change. If you believe, you will receive. If you don't, you won't. If you speak in tongues correctly, you will be in perfect fellowship with God. If you don't, you won't. If you give 15%, your life will be blessed. If you don't, you won't. On and on and on. We were guaranteed that operating these principles would always give the desired results - after all we are talking about God, and if one wasn't getting the desired result, then one had only themselves to blame.

PFAL gave easy answers to complex questions. But let's face it, things didn't always work out.

I got hit in the face with the insanity of the beliefs relatively early in my time with TWI. I pulled back to a more comfortable level and was able to be in some sort of TWI-style belief system until early 2005. The only reason why I was able to have any involvement was because I had limited involvement, which kept me on the outside. I struggled with doubt (still do), lack of faith (still do), and some guilt (still do), but it was manageable because I didn't have people in my face all the time over what I was or wasn't doing. That was my choice. It turned out to be the right choice for me. When I finally pulled away completely, I felt nothing but relief and have had no regrets - not even the regret of not having done it sooner.

I was reading today where doubt can be healthy. It, along with guilt, can be a sign that something is not quite right. These things are not necessarily triggered due to a failure on your part. People who tell you that your failure causes fear, doubt, and guilt are being self-serving.

I don't know how many people who read this site are still engulfed in these belief systems and stay due to guilt, fear, and doubt. My question to you is this: Will you consider that God may be trying to reach you and free you from these belief systems? Isn't God bigger than your fear? Your guilt? Your doubt? It really is ok for you to take a step back and work through doubt, guilt, and fear - and do so on your terms.

TWI (and splinters) seem to have a low threshold for exploring these things and that is not in your best interest.

God will remain God regardless of what you do. TWI (and splinters) may not, but that's really not your problem. Your "problem" is whether you want to remain tethered to a system that causes you to live in fear and guilt, and won't let you honestly explore your doubt.

It really is up to you.

• Upvote 2

The trick they (twi) used remember a scripture,it will solve the situation(nothing was a problem)

say it over and over again.As you all here very well know here,there was an answer for everything.

Depressed phil 4-19 ect.adnauseum....Nothing wrong with scripture its the way they used it.

I think that way they never had to deal with anything,renew yor mind,rom 8-1 no condemnation.

Heck if ya did do somthing maybe you really needed to think about it.

The top leaders were reprobates as they were never responsible for anything.Vic "Hell honey god forgives you".