GreaseSpot Cafe

partial questionnaire

T-Bone

partial questionnaire from the Association (in lieu) of Profoundly Preposterrific Queries

1. In what famous "Gone with the Wind" movie did Clark Gable first appear in?

2. Describe in your own words the exact moment when you became aware you were another person.

3. What are the chances of lightning striking another bolt of lightning? Please list all documentation to validate your answer including graphs, pie charts, still shots and home-video footage. Word to the wise: clay animation, artist's conception or dramatization with hand puppets does not count.

4. Train A is leaving Chicago on the South Shore Line heading east toward South Bend Airport, Indiana. At the same time, train B is leaving South Bend Airport, Indiana on the same South Shore Line track, heading west toward Chicago, Illinois. Both trains are moving at 68 miles per hour. The engineer on board train A is wearing a black & red ball cap and is very familiar with high-speed rail systems especially the 0 Series Shinkansen high-speed train [built by Kawasaki Heavy Industries], and happens to be related to someone at KHI. The engineer on train B is the estranged twin brother of the engineer on train A. He is not wearing a ball cap because of a falling out with his brother over team sports exactly seven years ago to the day. At 68 seconds before these two trains collide – which one of the brothers would text the other first with his soon to be famous last words – and what would those words be?

5. Do you feel there is an intellectual obligation to inform your children that Sponge Bob's square pants are actually rectangular?

6. After coming out of a coma, the last thing you remember was sitting next to Mrs. Lincoln enjoying a theatrical production. Would you know who shot J.R.?

7. Do you ever feel like there is a band around your head? Bonus question: what tune are they playing? Extra Bonus question worth double the payout: Who were the 6th & 7th Beatle?

8. What is the price of envy in an economy based on the currency code RUB [number 643 of the ISO 4217 listing]?

9. ?

10. The level of radiation from a typical scan by Superman's X-ray vision is between 25 to 30 millirems – which is equivalent to a cervical spine series of X-rays. Backscatter scans such as those employed by some airports at security checkpoints produce a much lower level of radiation – only .005 to .009 millirems. Do you think the government should regulate Superman's use of his X-ray vision?

11. You happen to meet your twin from a parallel universe. Over a nice dinner (your treat using a 2-for-1 dinner coupon you just received in the mail), your twin informs you of yet another twin in a perpendicular universe. After ironing out a few interdimensional travel issues you finally get all three of you together. Your parallel universe twin starts talking about lunch and says to your perpendicular universe twin "Old money bags here bought me dinner last week so I think money bags should get to choose the restaurant." What is your gut-level feeling about mooching twins?

12. Let's say the average size lot in your neighborhood is one fourth of an acre. Now imagine for sixteen weeks in a row each one of the neighbors on your block wins the lotto, in sequential order starting from the lowest street address. However, you and your house are skipped over. In other words, you did not win a lotto. How much would you charge your neighbors to mow their yards?

Edited by T-Bone
  • Upvote 1

15 1/2

Simple I read hitchhikers guide to the galaxy the answer is 42!

Adding your answers of 15 1/2 & 42! [noting that’s not an ordinary 42 but a very excited double digit – due to its fun hitchhiking around the galaxy no doubt] yields a sum of 57.5! which is very interesting when divided by the 12 questions listed from the AiloPPQ we arrive at a quotient of 4.791667. Though this may escape the notice of the casual observer – one only needs to add the total number of posts of each person that has posted on this thread thus far to discover an amazing fact.

T-Bone total posts 2543 + Waysider total posts 7431 + nyunknown total posts 442 = 10416…Well what’s so special about that you may ask.. . geez it only happens to be the model number of a very slick piece of equipment – and if you divide the cost of it $58.62 by the above quotient 4.791667 you’ll be pleased to find out that this dandy little muffler can be yours for 12.23 days [hmm just a little over the number of questions in the first post] of saving $4.7919667 per day in your piggy bank to go towards that purchase.

My thanks to all posters for participating in our marketing research program.

post-1636-125493088255_thumb.jpg

Adding your answers of 15 1/2 & 42! [noting that’s not an ordinary 42 but a very excited double digit – due to its fun hitchhiking around the galaxy no doubt] yields a sum of 57.5! which is very interesting when divided by the 12 questions listed from the AiloPPQ we arrive at a quotient of 4.791667. Though this may escape the notice of the casual observer – one only needs to add the total number of posts of each person that has posted on this thread thus far to discover an amazing fact.

T-Bone total posts 2543 + Waysider total posts 7431 + nyunknown total posts 442 = 10416…Well what’s so special about that you may ask.. . geez it only happens to be the model number of a very slick piece of equipment – and if you divide the cost of it $58.62 by the above quotient 4.791667 you’ll be pleased to find out that this dandy little muffler can be yours for 12.23 days [hmm just a little over the number of questions in the first post] of saving $4.7919667 per day in your piggy bank to go towards that purchase.

My thoughts exactly!

:blink:

My thoughts exactly!

blink.gif

oh boy.. . don't be alarmed or anything but if nyunknown chimes in with the same answer I think all three of us should seek professional help.. . uhm.. . in absurd comedy writing - yeah that's the ticket! biglaugh.gif

[edited in lieu of getting it right write the first time]

Edited by T-Bone

LOL - thanks for the firesign clip Waysider!!! Love it! First Church of Science .. . fiction.. . encouraging you to write your congressman .. . assuming he's not in jail.

• 3 weeks later...

#3...for serious real though, I did watch a program on National Geographic about lightning, or as many southerners pronounce it, lightening.

haven't seen that program - but yeah, it's some serious stuff alright. In 75 our WOW family was jogging on an outdoor track in the middle of a thunderstorm - being the superconquerors that we were back then - just as we passed a light pole a bolt of lightning hit it. Sounded and felt like someone fired a cannon right behind us! Shook the bejeebers out of us!

Also being a technician, I'll say this - lightning is one of the most dreaded events in my profession - a gazillion service calls to repair/replace equipment that got zapped is a standing testimony to its 2nd great woe of destruction - killing/injuring a human life being of course the first.

ok - so much for bringing a little gravity into the levity :rolleyes: