GreaseSpot Cafe

Way Corps Training Program

OldSkool

I understand that the in-residence way corps (IRWC) used to have a pretty decent set of classes. It's accredited now and for all I know has been for a while. I hear that it's not accredited in Ohio or at least wasn't but is accredited in Colorado where accreditation standards are more lax. Let me say that the IRWC curriculum is pure garbage. Knowles breathing - have to check it off the checklist, daily floss chart - have to check off that you flossed for the day, you take the entire way of abundance and power class set multiple times, english for the greek student and a few others. But by far the majority of the class time is spent in the way class series. You have to take exams on it as well.

Anyway, I think they are taking advantage of the accreditation system that calls for so many hours of classes etc. They fill it up with a few useful classes and the rest is way of abundance and power. Seems a little unethical to me.

Oh, you can't leave grounds unless they let you. You have to take any medical issues to Mrs. Corps Coordinator and they decide what to do. I felt like I was incarcerated while I was in-residence. In the end I rejected the matrix.

Two issues here:

(1) The Way Corps considers itself leadership training. I am not impressed at all by the products coming from the in-residence Way Corps program. Yes-men and -women with none of the skills required to lead God's people, let alone a military unit or schoolchildren.

(2) Academic training there does not even begin to develop critical thinking or research skills, the end goal of any higher education program. It is an embarrassment to American universities to award any degree at the completion of the Way Corps training.

There wasn't all that much academic activity when we were in residence in RC, either, IMO. I did learn how to clean the hell out of anything within reach, fire a .22 rifle and a 20 gauge shotgun, and get yelled at.

I already knew how to change a poopy diaper, but as a result of that activity, I learned what those nincompoops should NOT be feeding their toddlers. I remember we were supposed to memorize the red thread, and were instructed exhaustively on the mathematically exact and scientifically precise method of brushing and flossing our teeth. I think at some point after we left Greek was taught by Wa&&e Cl&&p. And I think there was a class on firing handguns, the one thing I'm sorry I missed. No pun intended.

WG