GreaseSpot Cafe

A sad week

Jim

Ok, I've had a few drink so I might not be as coherent as I should be. Blame it on the Aspergers.

First we had the West Virginia coal mine disaster. I grew up in a coal mining town and I always grieve the death of coal miners. A hard, hard life and a horrible way to die. I feel for these people and the loss of their fathers and brothers. May God give them some peace.

Now we have the Poland air crash. The accident isn't getting much coverage here, but they just lost virtually all of their country's leadership. President gone, heads of military gone, heads of the church gone. A tragic loss for a country and people that have already suffered way too much. Regardless of the stereotype, I've never met a Pole that I've not liked. This is really, really bad.

Thanks for listening.

Ok, I've had a few drink so I might not be as coherent as I should be. Blame it on the Aspergers.

First we had the West Virginia coal mine disaster. I grew up in a coal mining town and I always grieve the death of coal miners. A hard, hard life and a horrible way to die. I feel for these people and the loss of their fathers and brothers. May God give them some peace.

Now we have the Poland air crash. The accident isn't getting much coverage here, but they just lost virtually all of their country's leadership. President gone, heads of military gone, heads of the church gone. A tragic loss for a country and people that have already suffered way too much. Regardless of the stereotype, I've never met a Pole that I've not liked. This is really, really bad.

Thanks for listening.

Events. tragic yes.

But Aspergers,... Like I have.

I'm bright enough to know that no two cases are exactly alike. The syndrome isn't like that. But I'm also quick enough to recognise me in the way you are talking now. It's the same - only different.

Yanno?

So here's what you don't want to hear. So here's what you need to be told....

Buck up. get some sleep before you go to far afield, and when tomorrow comes it'll be a new sucky day, but you'll most likely live through it.

You already know all that, of course...

If you ever need to talk PM me.

There sure have been a lot of odd and different catastrophes all over the world the past how many years - makes me thankful I believe in prayer. I'd go broke down past my great-grandkids' money if I gave money to everyone I feel like I want to give to.

Some say these are the end times but I believe the Bible says that Jesus said no man knows the time or the hour so I can't say these are the end times. I just know it's a lot!!! confused.gif

Jim,

You have my sympathy. We listen to news every day and can be detached but every so often something happens that can get to your heart and to have two events like that so close together can get you down. The best thing you can do is pray for those left behind.

True, those things are very bad. Especially the loss of lots of very influential leadership in Poland.

I would, however, like to point to some truly excellent news, and some, Jim, that you should appreciate....the rescue of many coal miners in China after being trapped in a flooded mine. Survived 9 or 10 days at least, by eating bits of wood from the pit props and drinking the dirty flood water...but they have survived.

Edited by Twinky