GreaseSpot Cafe

How Many People Accepted or Knew About the Sex Stuff?

JavaJane

Actually what I meant and didn't convey very well... sorry.. was that at the time I was not Long in the way ministry, I had taken the class and gone wow a couple of months later and at this point I was a WOW and had only been "in the word" as they used to say, for about one year. So my WOW family and pretty much everyone I knew treated me Like I didn't know squat because... well in regards to way doctrine I didn't really know much.. My WOw brother (and this is so much a part of the Way life style) felt he was way more mature because this leader had confided in him, and I surmised from our discussion together at that time had had sex with him and or maybe some heavy petting with at least one other believer there... and that there was some time spent together ... and he also intimated that it was something higher ups did (he never mentioned Weirwille and I never thought that... I just assumed(yes I know the making an foot Joke) but I just assumed he meant other unmarried Twig leaders.

I never in a million years would have thought a man like weirwille who had supposedly studied Gods word would teach much less do this kind of stuff.

I was apparently not spiritually mature enough to understand that the man of God or woman of God or spiritual leader could have sex with anyone and multiple believers no matter if they were married or not.

As soon as I read on Grease spot the information about the affairs and the rapes my mind turned back to that conversation with him and suddenly I knew what he was talking about and I knew she was one of VP's conquests and I knew he knew it too and he choose to buy into the whole it is okay belief because it suited his purposes.

AS to joking about it... We joke most when something is painful or embarrassing. I think it is a way to release the horror of it and the stress of it.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yet,...

...although there was this deeper spiritual undetone of the Whoredoms (usually of Isreal) the verses were also literally true in the less spiritual sense, and the crass, physical aspect of physical whoredoms was still true and not to be negated by understanding the deeper spiritual wisdom.

[words to that effect]

Do a study on the word Groves in the OT the hebrew word id Asherah or somesuch similar English spelling.

My understanding is that these were usually on hilltops. They were poles of wood or perhaps carved ornate stone (like an obelisk),... phallic symbols. God says (in so many words) that he didn't like them.

Physically, they provided places for debauchery of every kind. Orgiastic partying etc. so there was a physical meaning there. But if you were "spiritual" you'd see the deeper meaning involved. How they were "sticking it to God" off-a-whoring after other gods, and such, as it were. During the time of Solomon and the kings that did worse after him, they built more and more of these groves.

One of the kings was "with it" and saw how Israel had waved their penis at God's nose and had the places all torn down,.... well the physical places anyways, the groves.

Later, the Jews went in (scholars and such) and "softened" those offensive sounding verses. They altered a few words here and there, and covered up the nasty sounding verses,.... sort of like the B.C. P.C. movement >snicker< so that people wouldn't be offended by reading that their own people had waved more than just a "branch" under God's nose.

In our day and time, V.P. and L.C.M. and others didn't erect physical poles on hills (well, not that I know of) and it took Lawsuits to tear down their little party.

How's that for spiritual understanding?

You see,.... the love of money - really is the root of all evil, but they understood when their wallet was attacked, that if they didn't do at least SOME spring cleaning, they'd get cleaned out.

Settling out of court was cheaper. My spiritual understanding shows me there, who the Way's God really is,... ...and they don't teach all of this to their followers... YANNO?!!

How bout you? how's your spiritual understanding on this?

Hahahahahahahahaha!

Wait,.... NO,... it really isn't funny, people were hurt.

On the other hand it sort of is funny outside of that frame of reference.

just funny in a sad way.

Interesting, isn't it..

we will be fighting this crap the rest of our lives..

Thanks Way. For my part I can tell you that in none of the places where my ex WF lived -- and she lived in quite a few places over her 25+ years there (she was wow, Way Corp, worked at headquarters, etc.) was any of this wife-swapping or 3some stuff happening with any regularity.

She was aware of the stories about VPW and LCM's affairs and a couple of other incidences of adultery but nothing out of the ordinary -- or at least nothing you wouldn't see in many communities. I think she would would have left the ministry a long time ago rather than tolerate that.

Here's something to think about.

How many times did you notice something that looked suspicious but convinced yourself you were out of fellowship for thinking evil of your brothers and sisters? Just gotta renew the old carnal mind, ya know? So then you come here and realize that when you saw the limb leader's "cleaning lady" leaving at the crack of dawn, it wasn't an unrenewed mind that was waving the red flags.

Just makes you want to do this: :doh:

And follow it up with one of these: :asdf: