GreaseSpot Cafe

In-residence Way Corps - the factory.

OldSkool

When I was "in", you weren't supposed to call them "sponsors", but "spiritual partners". Kind of creepy when you think about it. Did that change back?

Not to my knowledge. I hate(d) the term as well, It is VERY creepy. But you are told it's they are spiritual partners because you pray for them and minister to them each month via your's monthly newsletter. Form letters are a no-no, even though most do them anyway. But there were people around when I was there who had around 40 or so letters to write each month. Then the corpse coordinator will say things like "how well you take care of your spiritual partners shows how well you will take of people in your branch after you graduate!" It's very weird. The way international can't even have monies given on another's behalf without sending the whole experience to the twilight zone.

Not to my knowledge. I hate(d) the term as well, It is VERY creepy. But you are told it's they are spiritual partners because you pray for them and minister to them each month via your's monthly newsletter. Form letters are a no-no, even though most do them anyway. But there were people around when I was there who had around 40 or so letters to write each month. Then the corpse coordinator will say things like "how well you take care of your spiritual partners shows how well you will take of people in your branch after you graduate!" It's very weird. The way international can't even have monies given on another's behalf without sending the whole experience to the twilight zone.

If form letters are a no-no....

Why are 'form' Sunday teaching tapes a go-go...??

I mean......where's the 'personal ministering' via a Sunday teaching from some no-name guy at headquarters? Does he know your situation? Or, is it just another generic teaching?

The Book of John illustrates many examples of Jesus ministering one-on-one.....giving unique revelation to one individual. When has some 'top-dog' at hq done that? Or, all the itineraries in the book of Acts where leaders hazarded their lives for the gospels' sake.

The MLM machinery at hq is all generic.....classes, tapes, mag. They sit and pontificate while the field corps and adv class grads do all the work.

:evilshades:

I mean......where's the 'personal ministering' via a Sunday teaching from some no-name guy at headquarters? Does he know your situation? Or, is it just another generic teaching?

I know, right. Yet on the subscription for the way ragazine they state something about "a consistent diet of energized truth." I can smell the BS from here.

The Book of John illustrates many examples of Jesus ministering one-on-one.....giving unique revelation to one individual. When has some 'top-dog' at hq done that? Or, all the itineraries in the book of Acts where leaders hazarded their lives for the gospels' sake.

The MLM machinery at hq is all generic.....classes, tapes, mag. They sit and pontificate while the field corps and adv class grads do all the work.

evilshades.gif

So Skyrider,...

I can see you are desperate for Roadtrip Rosie's Righteous Revalation Review to come to your town

-

so you can bask in the signs, miracles & Wonders following in her wake.

A whirlwind tour no doubt!

But the 5R's, are, NOT ,... Coming to a CITY NEAR YOU, I'd Imagine.....

But,... you make a good point!

[quote name='Gen-2' date='26 May 2010 - 05:29 PM' timestamp='1274912998' post='498855'So Skyrider,...

I can see you are desperate for Roadtrip Rosie's Righteous Revalation Review to come to your town

-

so you can bask in the signs, miracles & Wonders following in her wake.

A whirlwind tour no doubt!

But the 5R's, are, NOT ,... Coming to a CITY NEAR YOU, I'd Imagine.....

But,... you make a good point!

Actually, from their history it's clear to see.......Twi Targets Teenagers To Teach Tailored Trends Trying To Transcend Time-Tested Truths.

:wink2:

I hate(d) the term as well, It is VERY creepy. But you are told it's they are spiritual partners because you pray for them and minister to them each month via your's monthly newsletter.

"Spiritual Partner" reminds me of Jimmy Stewart in the movie "Harvey, the Big White Rabbit." (or is it just called "Harvey"?) For those who aren't familiar with this, it's a story about an aging man who meets a "friend" at a bar one evening. This friend happens to be a 6-foot rabbit that no one else besides Jimmy Stewart can see.

When you watch a magician, they are likely to wave a magic wand, recite some incantation, like "hocus pocus, dominocus", or send up a flash of light and a plume of smoke. It has nothing to do with the mechanics of the trick. Why do they do it? Simple. To redirect your attention away from what is really taking place.

That's what a lot of these chores and assignments in the various programs amounted to......diversions to take your focus off the reality of what was taking place. What was really taking place was that we were unwittingly functioning as an unpaid sales force for PLAF (The Wonder Class)