GreaseSpot Cafe

High Country Caravan

Jim

Vickie Allen was the one I really liked. Boy that girl could sing and wrench your heart out. She did it for me. Then Vicster or LCM would come out and ruin the whole evening.

I knew Vickie and husband Ellie Ray Allen from Appalachian State University days. They still live in NC in Creedmoor, northwest of Raleigh.

just got through listening to CD's of Selah, Good Seed, Dean Ellenwood, Ted Ferrell, Cliff Adelman and downloaded Bandbox(Pressed Down)and noticed that some of the songs were about SIT, Wierwille, PFAL, or Way Corps. Strange, I don't remember Bill Gaither, Don Moen, Paul and Rita Balooche, Hillsongs, Casting Crowns or other CCM artists mentioning speaking in tongues in their songs, or praising clergy like Brian Houston, Joel Osteen, etc. for leading them to Christ. Surprising they either talk about God and/or Jesus, or Holy Spirit(despite Bullinger they believe God literally gives himself as both Giver and Gift simanteanously).