GreaseSpot Cafe

Step right up! You too can answer your own prayers!

OldSkool

Well, this is probably covered as thoroughly as a nun's legs so you old timers here at the spot will hopefully afford me a little mercy.

Yeah, it has.......and mercy is extended. :wink2:

And, from the pfal golden writ........"Believing works for saint AND sinner alike." Which begs the question, "Then, what you're saying is, with believing the sinner doesn't need God to live the more abundant life?"

Far too much emphasis in pfal on believing....

Small portions on sin, repentence, godly sorrow, fellowship with God, lordship of JC, etc.....and if you (they) can answer your own prayers, you (they) will be as gods.

Gen 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

:o

I now thankfully realize that ''prayer'' is a love relationship. Father/child appropriate.

If my 2 year old keeps begging or asking for something, I have a few things to consider.

*What is best for him? Does it go along with MY plans, life, purpose?

*What is his attitude in asking? Is he being a spoiled brat, impatient, demanding, unthankful?

*Is it going to add to his life or detract?

So, as much as I want to give him "Yes" answers to his ''prayers'' (asking).....

Sometimes, my answer to him is a resounding ...........................................NO!

edited to fix weird stuff....

Edited by bliss

My Granny used to say God had three answers for every prayer: Yes, no, or later when you are ready. I thought it was trite when I got into twi, but there is a lot of wisdom in that simple answer. We pray and then we put our faith in God that he will give us what is best for us when we need it. It puts things in perspective. Just because you ask doesn't mean you are going to get it.

Bliss, I love the comparison with the child. My daughter was at the toy store today with me and her dad. She isn't quite two yet. She climbed into one of those motorized small sized cars (think Barbie Jeep) and then told her dad, "I want car now." He told her no. She was still telling me that she wanted the car 20 minutes later, but louder, and more whining. I told her she would have to wait to get a car until she is 16. She may want a car now, and she can ask, but the answer is no until she is older.

Hahaha My sister's girl - my neice - turns 15 soon. I reminded her that in Florida she can get a Learner's Permit Driver's License, or whatever they call it. I mentioned that I could buy her a car. Sis said,... "She might learn. I might teach her, but she ain't gettin' no new car! laughed and hung up on me......

Some people! :)