GreaseSpot Cafe

The Most Abusive Person I've Ever Known

What About It

I'd like to use this forum to begin airing some of my grievances against, unquestionably, the most abusive man I've ever known. And yes, unfortunately, I had to work with him, in the same office, for two long, miserable years. He was among the top leadership in TWI, and he wanted to be The Forehead of his region. The little dictator. The control freak. The loud-mouthed, angry communist (because you know it's their way or the highway). But one with just enough personality that people liked him. Liked him until he decided that you were f...ed up, and then he was on your case day in and day out, with a mission to make your life absolutely miserable until, well I really don't know until what. Most people he treated this way just left, and then he was satisfied because he had proved his point: that they were indeed screwed up--they left the ministry.

That's what I should have done--just left. But no, I had to stick around because I thought it was totally the will of God for me to be in the ministry and that God would absolutely forsake me if I left. Those were the Fear Days, too, where if you made one wrong move apparently the adversary was so powerful that he could just knock you off. So instead I was subject to almost two years of verbal and mental abuse by this man. The first few months weren't too bad, but then he had me in his sights. And he started to make my life hell. Oh, keep in mind that as a MOG in the ministry he felt it was his duty to protect every single woman in his "flock" because she didn't have a man-head so he had to become this for her. So we'd have these conversations where I was supposed to expose these deep dark secrets about myself, and eventually everything I told him was used against me. And coincidentally Freudian, everything led back to my father: I idolized my father, I worshiped my father, I loved him more than God... Blah blah blah. What a crock: I just loved my father like any daughter would love a good father!

If only the harassment policy had been in writing at that time. Which gets me thinking...does it have to be in writing for it to still be effective? I mean, even if it's an EOE law or some federal law, then an employer doesn't have to have it in writing among their company documents for it to be applicable to the company, right? Hmmm....

Well, statue of limitations would likely squash legal action at this point. Harassment Policies are known as a system of redress that serves the dual purpose of protecting the employer as well as the employee. You can bet that the directors grudgingly inserted that in the staff handbook when they did because their lawyers smacked em upside the head for not having one. Even though the well informed employee can occasionally have cause to use it, and some do :wave:, most do not. I would wager it was not around when you were wronged by this douche you describe. Punk a$$ that he was. Big man picking on a single woman!

That's what I should have done--just left. But no, I had to stick around because I thought it was totally the will of God for me to be in the ministry and that God would absolutely forsake me if I left. Those were the Fear Days, too, where if you made one wrong move apparently the adversary was so powerful that he could just knock you off. So instead I was subject to almost two years of verbal and mental abuse by this man. The first few months weren't too bad, but then he had me in his sights. And he started to make my life hell. Oh, keep in mind that as a MOG in the ministry he felt it was his duty to protect every single woman in his "flock" because she didn't have a man-head so he had to become this for her. So we'd have these conversations where I was supposed to expose these deep dark secrets about myself, and eventually everything I told him was used against me. And coincidentally Freudian, everything led back to my father: I idolized my father, I worshiped my father, I loved him more than God... Blah blah blah. What a crock: I just loved my father like any daughter would love a good father!

Everything you just mentioned above was done to me by one of my leaders except for the stuff about my Dad. Instead, with me he used "I am not Mosqueda, I am not Craig Martindale, you need to allow yourself to trust me!!" (Mosqueda and Martindale are the ones who kicked my family out of the family corpse and had them marked and avoided which I followed, not speaking to my family for years and years.)

I hated that man. He made my life miserable. I would cry after every conversation I had with him (I wouldn't let him see me crying, though.) I felt like I was being mentally and emotionally raped (and I hate to use this term, but it is the closest I can use... for you actual rape victims, please pardon the term - what you went through was far worse than me.) He tried to pry every secret from me, every thought I had, every emotion. And I wouldn't give it to him, and that just made it worse.

Well, this all just reminds me so much of a book I read right after I got out of twi called Snakes in Suits: When Psychopaths Go To Work by Paul Babiak, PhD and Robert D. Hare, PhD that I had to pull it out and take a look... see if this sounds familiar:

"They make use of the fact that for many people the content of the message is less important than the way it is delivered. A confident, aggressive delivery style - often larded with jargon, cliches, and flowery phrases - makes up for the lack of substance and sincerity in their interactions with others. This skill, coupled with the belief that they deserve whatever they can take, allows psychopaths to use effectively what they learn about a person against the person as they interact with him or her - they know what to say and how to say it to exert influence."

or

"Psychopaths invest a lot of mental energy in identifying and manipulating their victims, but they don't spend much energy trying to uphold a mask for those with little utility to them; the return on investment is just not there for them."

Edited by JavaJane

Well, statue of limitations would likely squash legal action at this point.

Rats! There goes any idea of a get-rich-quick scheme. Nonetheless, it's appalling to know that others have been treated this way also, and that we sat and took it in the name of God. That's what gets me more than anything else--it's that all these wicked things were done to good people who love (or loved) God and just wanted to do what was right.

Rats! There goes any idea of a get-rich-quick scheme. Nonetheless, it's appalling to know that others have been treated this way also, and that we sat and took it in the name of God. That's what gets me more than anything else--it's that all these wicked things were done to good people who love (or loved) God and just wanted to do what was right.

. . . eggs . . . check

. . . toilet paper . . . check

. . . potato cannon . . . uh . . . I'll need some parts . . .

just say the word

Yeah, it's even more appalling when you realize many of us were just a bunch of kids, we didn't stand a chance. Very sad that a full-fledged adult would exploit young people like that.

One of the things from Kristin Skedgell's book that incensed me was when V.P. advised her to drop out of college and come into the Way Corps. He said it was her only hope. Can you believe that? Can those of you in your 50's, or even 30's, see yourselves telling a 20-year-old kid who has the brains, talent and opportunity to quit pursuing a higher education to come into the Corps? And it was Johns Hopkins University!! That's one of the best schools in the nation! (Or was it Brown University? That's a top school too.)

Edited by erkjohn

The wife of a LC. She was so arrogant and had anger management issues. She lorded over other people-but looking back, I can't believe we all ran to her beck and call-doing her housekeeping for her and babysitting. People would go to her for help and advice and should would either rip them to shreds or use what they said against them. :realmad::CUSSING: She was uneducated, and the only work experience she ever had before going corpse was waitressing.

Nothing against waitressing-I've worked in service orientated jobs for years, but by her own admission she once got someone everyone liked fired. She came across like she was proud of herself for that and gloried in telling the tale. One day she was left in charge of clean up at the place she waitressed. This guy had to be somewhere and she refused to let him leave, insisting he be more "detailed minded." He finally had enough and called her a bad name.

She reported him to their boss, who let him go because she made a threat about how she would handle it and he didn't want trouble. She said all the other employees hated her after that and she said the advesary really used the situation to stop the word from moving. Sure, the guy shouldn't have called her that name, but after experiencing first hand how she treated people- I can see why he did. And the other employees probably hated her long before the name calling incident. It was weird how proud she seemed of herself for causing a man to lose his job.

But how she treated the believers was a thousand times worse. :mad2: I think the only reason she and her husband had leadership positions is because they were the "pets" of two other couples, both corpsecords at different times. :B) They were both uneducated, self serving and did not have much to offer.

She's probably the most abusive person I've ever known. :evildenk::evilshades:

But I think God has protected me, because I haven't seen her in years-which is a true blessing. :)