GreaseSpot Cafe

Advanced Class 2010

bliss

If I remember correctly, and maybe it was isolated or a faulty memory (I hope not, I'm still young!).. But I recall when I first got hooked up with TWI that they said the "love thy neighbor" didn't refer to anyone except those in the "household".. That somehow the "neighbor" part was used to signify they were in the "household"... Anyone else hear that?

Clearly this isn't true since Jesus himself clarifies who thy "neighbor" referred to when he shared the story of the Good Samaritan... Yeah, those lowly Samaritans who you hate.. Those who believe differently.. Go figure. Your neighbors!

Sometimes I just stop and wonder how I was so blind!! DOH!

Yes and I remember quite a few threads about that here at the cafe - or maybe WayDale. It was one of the things I fought tooth and nail shortly before leaving TWI. They perverted all kinds of scripture to mean only "the household" with the only "true" household of God being those who are "rightly dividing the word of truth"..... gee, who could that be?

Now, I don't so much care what other people think about the Bible or God. I figure Jesus boiled everything down to "Love God and Love your neighbor" - neighbor being everyone else and God being God as you see and worship (Allah, Jehovah, Mother Nature, etc.). If you're doing those two things, no problem-o. None of us has a corner market on the truth and not one of us can say without a doubt that we're correct and someone else is wrong. But, that's just my opinion, ymmv.

Getting back to the subject of how hard it is for people to get rid of TWIt doctrine. My mom hasn't been to a fellowship since 1985. She still has wayspeak in her vocabulary. My sister and I both start gagging when she says "Let's believe for...." "Believe" all you want, say it "in the name of Jesus Christ" to seal the "deal" with God, and that's the magic potion to get your heart's desire.

BARF-O-RAMA!!

Getting back to the subject of how hard it is for people to get rid of TWIt doctrine. My mom hasn't been to a fellowship since 1985. She still has wayspeak in her vocabulary. My sister and I both start gagging when she says "Let's believe for...." "Believe" all you want, say it "in the name of Jesus Christ" to seal the "deal" with God, and that's the magic potion to get your heart's desire.

BARF-O-RAMA!!

Bingo! Can only laugh about it now.