GreaseSpot Cafe

Grass Sign?

teachmevp

The Way gets mad at people for smoking grass, and they really get mad at people, when people don't read the sign, and walk on their grass; sometimes their are just too many signs?

Has anyone got in trouble for this grass sign infraction?

No, I never got in trouble for a grass infraction.. almost once though..

:biglaugh:

I could read the cop.. he had reasonable cause.. the outcome of the situation was on what could be described as a "cusp".

so.. the green went down a conveniently located storm drain.

the cop was ....ED. No evidence.. at least readily obtainable..

and by the time they would have gotten the storm drain cover off, the evidence would have been washed away to a galaxy, far far away..

all the bastards could do is phone home and tell ma how bad a boy I was..

"we think he had some pot.."

another time..

maybe I shouldn't say..

Two longhair barely pubescent characters..

my friend can remember this..

it was right after bar closing.. and of course we were underage. But that was common back then.. the guy at the ABC store almost never asked for id either..

If there were bar fights, I'd just find a quick convenient way out of the back door..

I feel sorry for the guy who had his glasses broken in half.. along with his nose. not perceptive enough I guess..

didn't even see it coming..

so.. we were behind this establishment. Officer (fill in the blank. my friend remembers his name. he was a scourge to the locals) said.. "what the * are you doing?".. I'm urinating in a bush behind the bar. I say.. "what in the h*ll does it look like? I'm taking a p****.."

so he somehow accepts my explanation. No further questions..

my friend though.. he puts him in the car.. takes him home.. me, I am left to walk fifteen blocks back home.. "high as a coon" as kesey would describe it..

and this character.. years later. he tells me he had several doses of mescaline in his cigarette pack.. and the cop never checked it..

I feel sorry for the guy who had his glasses broken in half.. along with his nose. not perceptive enough I guess..

this happened in the Anchor bar (and not much of a) grill in Kanawha City.

This was also a place where a local way zealot who was a physics teacher at the high school witnessed to the local drunks..

God Bless you, friend..

The Way gets mad at people for smoking grass, and they really get mad at people, when people don't read the sign, and walk on their grass; sometimes their are just too many signs?

Hope my reply isn't TOO much..

sorry.. the what's the word..

allusions to Steppenwolf was just too much to resist..

but we hate needles..

I'm not sure of the history on this one. When I was on staff the grounds department would tell folks every autumn to stay off when there was frost because it would break the grass leaving brown foot prints.