GreaseSpot Cafe

What Is Information?

No I don't think paganism so much.

I tend to think the water of the Word actually.

And I don't see spirit of accurate knowledge.

Keeping in mind there is one Spirit.

Not being accurate is not so bad, and not as required as once thought.

As you said, I believe, it's a growing process.

I don't believe we lead it, but follow.

Sometimes what seems to be accurate is not at a newer time or progressive state.

Although it was then, when we thought it.

And I think it's not ourselves as the catalyst. Though we are needed.

But we can be in a frame of understanding where knowledge, wisdom, virtues, etc. are coming from.

Awareness is another way of progressing. Like enlightenment.

Not only is our progress changing, but also our awareness, or becoming more aware.

Edited by cman

No I don't think paganism so much.

I tend to think the water of the Word actually.

And I don't see spirit of accurate knowledge.

Keeping in mind there is one Spirit.

Not being accurate is not so bad, and not as required as once thought.

As you said, I believe, it's a growing process.

I don't believe we lead it, but follow.

Sometimes what seems to be accurate is not at a newer time or progressive state.

Although it was then, when we thought it.

And I think it's not ourselves as the catalyst. Though we are needed.

But we can be in a frame of understanding where knowledge, wisdom, virtues, etc. are coming from.

Awareness is another way of progressing. Like enlightenment.

Not only is our progress changing, but also our awareness, or becoming more aware.

I understand your problem with the world accurate (I have the same problem with it myself) but if one has a problem with accurate then one would also have a problem with the word truth...

Both words seem to imply an arrogant superlative state of mind.

Your concerns are duly noted. Although it does not address that one would never have even heard of the word spirit or have a means of obtaining spirit. If we are not born in the first birth with it, without information, and hopefully that information would be truthful and, yes, accurate so as to receive the right spirit.

i have no problem with 'accurate' anything

i have no problem with 'truth'

neither am i concerned with their use

building understanding of the bigger picture would be apparent

even Pilate was wise enough to ask

'what is truth?' to his credit

i have no problem with 'accurate' anything

i have no problem with 'truth'

neither am i concerned with their use

building understanding of the bigger picture would be apparent

even Pilate was wise enough to ask

'what is truth?' to his credit

I have a problem with the word accurate... It implies that the bible is both truthful and accurate...

The word was tossed around left and right and used as a lure to get us all to believe in the way doctrine.

I don't believe the bible fits like a hand in a glove neither is accurate nor truthful. That does not mean it does not contain truth but so does life, look, readers digest and time.. :)

Information seems to be both flexible and inflexible; there has to be both a nugget and a frame of reference. If one electron can be part of an electrical current, another cam be part of a Carbon Atom. While each electron is an electron, similar to it's counterpart, one flows along a concuctive path while the other hurtles along in it's proper electron shell, circling an atomic nucleus. They have different frames of reference and hence can be seen to be performing different functions. People utilize Info in a similar fashion. They see the same event and see it differently. So who's wrong, who's right,... are they both accurate?

Maybe. And why not? Which bit of information, then, prevails?

Electrons interact with all visible matter in some noticable way. Neutrinos don't. In the next hour, billions will pass through you. Do they matter? they're all but invisible. Still they are not Zero. The do have mass, they are near-zero, but not zero, yet the information that governs them is zero. it has no mass, no charge no direction, no spin no velocity, no gravity, no energy. But the Neutrino is giuded by that information as long as it exists. It is a neutrino. It only ever does neutrino things. How does it know to do that.

It's information tells it that it is. Otherwise it might be a Quark or an Anti-neutrino?

No,... it knows it's a neutrino One of the Leptons - and not just any neutrino,... it knows if it's an electron, muon, or a tau neutrino (yes, there are different kinds)

How does the neutrino know what it is? No one alive knows how it knows, but it knows. An odd question then is where did all the fundamental particles get their instructions? they add zero to their mass or existance - yet they cannot exist properly with out that bit of zero. information.

• Upvote 1

Information seems to be both flexible and inflexible; there has to be both a nugget and a frame of reference. If one electron can be part of an electrical current, another cam be part of a Carbon Atom. While each electron is an electron, similar to it's counterpart, one flows along a concuctive path while the other hurtles along in it's proper electron shell, circling an atomic nucleus. They have different frames of reference and hence can be seen to be performing different functions. People utilize Info in a similar fashion. They see the same event and see it differently. So who's wrong, who's right,... are they both accurate?

Electrons interact with all visible matter in some noticable way. Neutrinos don't. In the next hour, billions will pass through you. Do they matter? they're all but invisible. Still they are not Zero. The do have mass, they are near-zero, but not zero, yet the information that governs them is zero. it has no mass, no charge no direction, no spin no velocity, no gravity, no energy. But the Neutrino is giuded by that information as long as it exists. It is a neutrino. It only ever does neutrino things. How does it know to do that.

It's information tells it that it is. Otherwise it might be a Quark or an Anti-neutrino?

No,... it knows it's a neutrino One of the Leptons - and not just any neutrino,... it knows if it's an electron, muon, or a tau neutrino (yes, there are different kinds)

How does the neutrino know what it is? No one alive knows how it knows, but it knows. An odd question then is where did all the fundamental particles get their instructions? they add zero to their mass or existance - yet they cannot exist properly with out that bit of zero. information.

Perhaps it is like that Star Trek episode about antimatter. That there is not only a zero but a negative domain that is equally as intricate as the physical world. This intricate detail is somehow connected to our own and codes for the complex action that the seemingly simple physics of tiny particles on the positive scale obey.We will never be able to know the exact complexity of the negative domain only observe the effects of it through the actions and reactions of the tiniest particles of the positive domain.

Edited by DrWearWord

Quanta here, quanta there,

Quanta nearly everywhere.

Some are slow, some make haste,

They all have flavors we can't taste.

Some go to clubs and live it large,

Some get in at 1/3 charge.

Some are heavy, some are light,

A lot of them make quite a sight!

Some are big, some are small,

Some have no rest mass at all.

Some are bright, others duller,

Even though they all have color.

See how they gyre and torque and spin,

Ignoring them would be such sin!

Love,

Steve

Edited by Steve Lortz
  • Upvote 1

Does then information just exist, and it's our limited perception and modeling of it that is flexible and inflexible?