GreaseSpot Cafe

My new dog Baxter

Bramble

He has a look in his eye that suggests he will be lively, mischievous, full of energy and you will (you will!) get or keep very fit. He will make sure of that. Have fun!

He is very high energy! We play fetch several times a day--he is very good at fetch!-- and take a walk. We have a rubber ball that bounces really high, it's his favorite game ball. He is a dog that needs attention and stimulation. He's rarely more than a yard away from me--follows me everywhere.

If I run errands in the morning when it is not hot he rides in the car. My niece did a good job training him, he sits, stays, comes and heels, plus does sitting pretty, rollover and high fives! He's clicker trained but I haven't been out in the country yet where he could be off the leash to try it. Thought I'd go up to a mountain meadow this weekend.

He is the first small dog I've had and I am shocked at how little he eats. All that bounce for very little food! His coat is silky and doesn't shed, so nice.

My niece misses him but her current work situation keeps her away from home 10 hrs a day--Baxter did not thrive with that and would chew. We haven't had any chewing, but he hasn't been left alone for more than an hour. In a few weeks I will work part time but will be home by 11 am so it won't be too long.