GreaseSpot Cafe

Shifting the Goalposts

polynesian

Seems to me one of the more frustrating/ludicrous/insidious actions of twi leadershi* was 'changing the lines' or 'rules' depending on their mood or thinking for the week.

An example of this was a teaching ( can't remember by whom ) in a way mag entitled 'Philemon 21' and it was about doing 'more' than what was asked of one. Then one day I hear lcm screaming about how it was 'wrong' and 'disobedient' to do more than what one has been asked to do. :confused: wtf, that was a warning sign to me that they were becoming one screwed up piece of work :biglaugh:

Seems to me one of the more frustrating/ludicrous/insidious actions of twi leadershi* was 'changing the lines' or 'rules' depending on their mood or thinking for the week.

An example of this was a teaching ( can't remember by whom ) in a way mag entitled 'Philemon 21' and it was about doing 'more' than what was asked of one. Then one day I hear lcm screaming about how it was 'wrong' and 'disobedient' to do more than what one has been asked to do. :confused: wtf, that was a warning sign to me that they were becoming one screwed up piece of work :biglaugh:

They did that a lot. Thus it was difficult for an experienced leader to grow for fear of getting hammered by Craig in some public meeting. It was a lot easier and less forboding to follow orders to the the letter and say very little. Therefore, you had new leadership being stymied and rendered in effective. Students imitated their mentor so you had a bunch of Corp Grads hitting the field and acting like jerks among who I was chief.

I thought you were going to talk about something a little different, Polynesian, but actually it might well be along the same lines.

You might remember that in all the stuff we had about the "renewed mind." Especially in the LCM version. Do you remember, Lovely Loy saw himself as leading us into the Promised Land - he was Joshua to VP's Moses. (Yes, he did - yes, he so saw himself - for the benefit of you pre-LCM folk out there :unsure:)

We were to set boundaries in our own minds - principles that we would not be moved from. Joshua led people into the promised land/renewed mind and the people/we as individuals were to claim that fully.

(LCM probably also said or implied that he should be the one who set the boundaries - the standards, teachings - that were to be our new boundaries - but I don't remember that. Just that we were to follow what we were taught - by TWI.)

And LCM really blasted those who tried to drag us away - deprogrammers and the like - those who tried to draw us from the new boundaries - the Truth (gag) as taught by TWI / LCM - especially those who attempted to draw away Corps. I remember a very early - Corps Night?? - when he was ranting on about this - removing the boundaries from neighbor's lands.

Although I don't remember all of the scriptures used, it was along the lines of the following - he would have produced some other backup, no doubt:

Deuteronomy 19:14 KJV

Thou shalt not remove thy neighbour's landmark, which they of old time have set in thine inheritance, which thou shalt inherit in the land that the LORD thy God giveth thee to possess it.

Deuteronomy 27:17 KJV

Cursed be he that removeth his neighbour's landmark. And all the people shall say , Amen.

Proverbs 22:28 KJV

Remove not the ancient landmark, which thy fathers have set .

Proverbs 23:10 KJV

Remove not the old landmark; and enter not into the fields of the fatherless

And (he claimed) those who tried to remove us, persuade us away from the Truth of TWI, were trying to remove our landmarks.

Around the same time, quite possibly in the same teaching, he went on about those who kidnapped others (for deprogramming) who ought at the least to be thrown in jail, and perhaps executed.

Exodus 21:16 And he that stealeth a man, and selleth him, or if he be found in his hand, he shall surely be put to death .

And so, here we have an organization that has stolen us (lured us with false promises), removed all our boundaries - those ancient and moral bounds instilled by our parents - that stop us ill-treating one another.

And then, having removed all our ancient boundaries, shifted us onto new ground, what then? Heck, TWI / LCM just shifted all the boundaries in the new ground, the renewed mind, the place where we now allegedly found ourselves. Moved the goalposts.

So we had no firm anchor for our souls to keep us from the peril of TWI's ravages. And thus, we were blown around with every wind of doctrine issuing from LCM's ... orifices.

Can't be setting boundaries, landmarks, not endorsed by Joshua - sorry, lovely Loy - now can we?

C'mon, Poly...you know what absolutely awful disobedient followers we were. Too weak-minded to determine our own limits, so he had to do it for us. Again and again.

This is one boundary or goalpost would not like to remove:

And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Now that that unprofitable servant Loy has been drop-kicked into the outer darkness of Christianity, I won't be in a hurry to remove the boundary to bring him and his false doctrines back into my mind.

haha, well said H, er, Twinky :biglaugh: After we left twi N.Z. the 'painted pictures' started to fly ! we had a 'coconut' marriage, I was being 'led' by my wife, we were alcoholics ( apparently lcm brought in the 2 drink limit SPECIFICALLY because of us ) well..that made me feel real speeeshul :biglaugh: of course the rest of my family members that were still in twi knew it was all outright lies, so they walked :eusa_clap:

Took me awhile to believe that not everyone that came from Oireland was a category 'a' nutcase !

Yup, we REMOVED the goal posts and took 'em with us ! God Bless twinks

Edited by polynesian

Yup, we REMOVED the goal posts and took 'em with us ! God Bless twinks

I do hope that you & your family had a splendid "burn the chaff" bonfire with them thar goalposts.

:biglaugh: