GreaseSpot Cafe

Camp Gunnison

Twinky

Kinder gentler maybe so. Now they are pre-processed and read from cards. Submitted ahead of time for approval, practiced in a dress rehearsal. And the most boring presentations you'll hear ever. Guaranteed to have zero personality and zero unique content. A complete waste of time, cd's, effort. You get more value out of sleeping those 2 hours, as that is what your brain wants to do anyway listening to them.

Kinder gentler maybe so...

Kinder, gentler??......are we still talking about a "spiritual movement that claims to speak for God" or is this spiritual correctness just religious veneer in today's world?

Kinder, gentler??......chapter and verse please.

How far the "spiritual" have fallen.....

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Just out of curiosity - and since I wasn't around when Camp Gunnison started,...

What was it's original purpose?

I understand it was around before it was used for Corps or it's present day uses.

Hi Gen:

There were Corps there from the beginning, to the best of my recollection. VPW used to talk about making it some kind of a resort, with a restaurant and a walkway over the Gunnison River. That never happened.

I was only there in the summer. I have a friend who was on staff there, and she used to sit quietly in a lawn chair in the winter with kernels of dry corn on her outstretched arms, and the deer would come and eat the corn. I would have loved to see that.

I'm sure it's a beautiful place during winter, as Twinky has said. In summer it was dry and dusty and but still pretty in a rugged way.