GreaseSpot Cafe

Wife abuse

JA47646

I'm sure this topic has been covered before but thought I would bring it up anyway. When reading Kristin Skedgell's book she talks about her husband being a batterer. I know I had one particular friend who would describe her husband beating her then he would calmly go, sit down and read the Bible as if nothing happened.

But not all abuse is physical. I for one can attest that emotional/psychological abuse is very prevalent in Way marriages. How many of you ex-wayfers put up with abuse in your marriages? Just food for thought, but obviously all of us were living under a spiritually abusive hierarchy with men being the main abusers.

Edited by JA47646

Spousal abuse was rampant in The Way, even back in the "the good old days". Not only were unrealistic standards of submission placed on women, unrealistic standards of domination were placed on men. The Way is by no means the only group or culture that promotes this sort of behavior. But, that doesn't make it right.

. . . The Way is by no means the only group or culture that promotes this sort of behavior. But, that doesn't make it right.

Would you say "promote" or just not actively curb it? . . . isn't it a natural temptation to "pay it forward"? The Way was an outlet for those looking to vent their "previous life".

Would you say "promote" or just not actively curb it? . . . isn't it a natural temptation to "pay it forward"? The Way was an outlet for those looking to vent their "previous life".

I would say "promote". Wierwille fostered an attitude of male domination and abuse that many men would have otherwise shunned if they hadn't been challenged to----as they said in the ministry----"Grow a pair".

Should we look at "wife abuse" as an isolated subject or as an indicator of something else? Leadership mocks husband . . . husband abuses wife . . . wife abuses kids . . . kids abuse the family dog . . . dogs everywhere begin forming militias . . .

You have the dogs part wrong, Bolsh. The dogs abuse the squirrels, who then imbibe alcohol and wax philosophical. One squirrel in particular sees the true source of the problem and begins posting on GSC.

It's the circle of life..

Edited by JavaJane

holy god wierwille and psychogeer were way nicer to dogs than women -- and that ain't sayin' much !!!!!

When I saw wierwille and scarygeery delivering puppies and b trying to help, vp ripped into her like she was way below a scumdog. i waited for her black hearted husband to defend her. ha never happened.... because he is a pig just like his father pig in the word of course

and children ! when i asked wierwille about a good book on raising children, he (after being annoyed and kind of disgusted that i would bother him with such a question) suggested "Hunt Close" which is a book how to train dogs. I think i started a thread on this years ago. i think i still have the book. couldn't understand how it realted -- i'm so not spiritual boo hoo

ohmygod

geer counseled a married couple and told the sweet people that she should stick her finger up his you-know-what and you-know-what him. this was in front of other reverends over in britain

he also told the husband to get with prostitutes if he wasn't getting what he wanted at home

then he came over to the USA because i told him he would get help and then martindale told him if she's pleased to dwell with you, you're sheet out of luck

and there's much much more

how very sad

--

--

oh wait wait wait let me say this again before this place closes

i called wierwille on the phone (in-house staff phone) to report psychnutcasegeer telling this fella he is no longer welcome at the way

and wierwille's loving reply was -- he screamed, "how long do i have to suck your way corps asses"? and something about "his man" over there across the pond. i forget now

i can't believe the tenderness and the love..... goosebumps go here.....

Edited by excathedra