GreaseSpot Cafe

God said it. I believe it. That settles it.

One of vp's favorite tactics was criticizing other Christians. (Too bad we bought into it so easily.)

In the middle of a devotional/prayer list I received today was "

God Said It

I believe it

That settles it!

And it looked good to me today. I was so glad the bittered arrogance of criticism was not apparent any longer.

Today it simply means to me that when I believe what the Good Lord says, it settles into me and like rocks in me gives me stability so I don't get blown about by the howling winds of the adversary.

KS, glad that saying no longer gives bad vibes, despite Wierwille and Martindale quoting that maxim

In the "Intermediate" pfal class vp insulted my friend Mary Belavitz who sent him a placque made and sent by her twi with all their love and prayers. In the class vp held it up and made a big deal out of "It doesn't matter if I believe it."

Mary Belavitz is still one of the most kind hearted people on the face of the planet.

And she believes what God says. She did then and she still does.

vp insulted her on the video of the class. It was the first act of cruelty I could not ignore or pass off.

Didn't he change it, or at least it became

God said it

That settles it

I believe it

Because it's settled, whether anyone believes it or not.

But I can also see your view, that it settles you.

Anyways, I'm going to a sort of Bible school one evening a week. Interesting to consider their teaching. So much is similar to what TWI teaches/taught (not all).

It's interesting that some of the same little catchphrases and buzz phrases are trotted out. Almost comforting, in a way, to know that not all of PFAL was "out of it." Last night, as an incidental, the tutor got into the importance of the first usage of a word or expression.

Of course, it wasn't PFAL per se that was the problem.

It was the PI that VWP loaded onto PFAL and the subtle and not-so-subtle self-glorification. And the minimising of the accomplishments of Jesus the Christ by theological arguments.

And the huge mismatch between doctrine and practise.

Dear Twinky what was so especially filthy to me was how vp tromped on the feelings of a precious person, Mary Belavitz.

And then he made a big deal out of his interpretation (putting "that settles it" before "I believer it"), as though it came straight from the Holy Spirit.

Only a pigheaded prick would abuse a precious person like Mary Belavitz to exalt his own ego and then act like he had the support of the Holy Spirit to do so.

Mary B was so precious even just thinking about her makes me cry. She was one of those things from twi - knowing her and being able to call her a friend - for which I will ever be thankful.

The pfal class had some good doctrine in it, but the problem was that it was stolen (as has been documented plenty of times elsewhere around here and other websites).

Because it was stolen material, the Holy Spirit was not present as He had been when the words were brought into the world by JE Stiles, Billy Graham, Norman Vincent Peale, and others whose material was stolen . The Holy Spirit backs up the Truth, gives us understanding and the strength to live, but is not present in stolen material. If we went back to the Bible and our research, with integrity and humility of heart, the Holy Spirit would teach us His stuff. We would bring Holy Spirit in and He could teach us, but vp didn't bring the Holy Spirit around any more than a car thief has the title to the car he stole.

First Usage principle was documented by Bullinger and I'm sure others found it, too. It was not part of the "new light" that vp brought into the world.

vp's new light was decades of abuse and leechery from God's people.

Kit, I do understand that your friend was trampled over and her gift disparaged. Such an ungracious response.

I've a recollection of LCM doing things like that, too, but can't recall any specifics. Doing my best to forget.

This demand for handmade gifts, cards, etc. Making them could occupy hours of time. Even just finding the right shop-bought gift could take a long time. Hmm. Is that best "stewardship" of time? When believers could be "reaching out with the Word"? Or is it showing undue respect (cough) to leadership?

I don't see Jesus accepting many "special" gifts though clearly they did have some monetary donations. I certanly don't see him demanding "gifts."

I don't see Paul and the others with him accepting many gifts; rather, they collected gifts to give to others.

That should settle it!