GreaseSpot Cafe

Witnessing and under-shepherding(?)

Ham

I always wondered about this..

witnessing and undershepherding? Doesn't that imply.. that one considers PEOPLE as mindless SHEEP that need some form of "herding"?

The general idea I got from this was..

People are supposedly like sheep. Mindless.. not "stupid", but mindless. They need *our* "services". Otherwise, they are headed to dangers unimaginable, which they cannot possibly imagine. An enemy, that they cannot see.

They need special *protection* from da *enemy*. Such as wolves.. jackals, other animals that prey on non-carnivorous creatures..

but isn't that a trait that is exhibited by a domesticated animal? Stalled, fattened and protected from wild animals.. to end up on the dinner table?

so people are in general are supposed to be mindless, domesticated brutes, destined to be fodder at the tables of devils, etc. etc?

is that what loy thought when he described "unbelievers" as "empties" floating by in the river of life?

too many questions..

Oh, the "empties floating by" expression goes waaaaaay back. People were already using that when I "got in" in 1972. Yeah, "unbelievers" were viewed as empty clay vessels, devoid of any life, except for they breath-life they exhibited. The "empties floating by" expression was used to conjure up images of empty bottles being carried down the river, at the mercy of the current.

edit:

(It's a bastardization of the scripture that says "We have this treasure in earthen vessels.")

Edited by waysider

Perhaps..

instead of being an earthen vessel.. one was an empty soda pop or even worse, a discarded beer can?

:biglaugh:

honestly.. my thoughts here are.

*they* are stalled animals, in the devils barn. Why can't we have *them* in *our* barn?

maybe I'm over thinking this..

Oh, the "empties floating by" expression goes waaaaaay back. People were already using that when I "got in" in 1972. Yeah, "unbelievers" were viewed as empty clay vessels, devoid of any life, except for they breath-life they exhibited. The "empties floating by" expression was used to conjure up images of empty bottles being carried down the river, at the mercy of the current.

edit:

(It's a bastardization of the scripture that says "We have this treasure in...yada, yada..."

What a hardhearted picture.

I had a friend who used to tell others when introducing me that I had undershepherded her, and I would say no, I just liked you. It hadn't been work to be pleased to see her, and I had an idea that undershepherding was hard (that old broken bread business}. I hadn't thought about the farm animal aspect of it. It's all so odd. We would be told not to rely on experience, but so much that became defined and limited to a manual or in how it was passed down was based on others' experiences, and then we would think that was how it should be done. And it would often end up with us thinking, or forcing ourselves into thinking, that we had an order from God to annoy someone else.

PS Happy Saint (I've no reason not think he was one) Patrick's (and he did exist) Day!

but wasn't that the whole purpose of undershepherding?

to bring all of *us* into the vicster's barn?

answer a question with a question..

*they* don't know what *we* represent, yet..

I'm sorry about fugit. I think he sold out..

to a god (wienerville) that wasn't a god to begin with..

Hey..

it is my destiny..

I have learned to closely listen to those, who seem to be here only to annoy me..

I truly think Donnie F. believed that what he was doing was beneficial. Hell, there was a time when WE believed that what WE were doing was beneficial. I think he got conned like the rest of us. But, he seemed to be genuinely concerned with really helping people. Not like a certain guy who pretended to be a "Dr.", who was more interested in helping himself.

The sixth song on the album says everything..

I wonder how much James William Guercio's voice is in this.. you know.. "shoes for industry".. is in this..

The next featured feature is free form guitar. It was a 100 percent Terry Cath.. I think anyway..

after today.. I dunno.

"will you please come to Chicago"..

has become.. "will you please come to Michigan.."..

the whole world is watching..

Any volunteer may be dismissed at any time and/or program cancelled at sole discretion of those charged with oversight.

:o

So asinine I had to makes sure it was here twice.

You know, to make sure it's established and all :anim-smile:

There is too much here to consider..

sorry. It really blows my mind.. even in the Keysian sense..

there are "young adults" that defend my right? no that isn't it..

the concept that I should be allowed enumeration, past poverty wages.. to torture them with mathematical equations, algebra, and such..

at this point, it isn't my voice being spoken..