GreaseSpot Cafe

Witnessing and under-shepherding(?)

Ham

Since this thread ran off the rails quite a while ago, I feel no shame in bringing up a fond remembrance. The Eddie Schwartz late night radio show on WIND (Chicago) would end every night with "The Wiffenpoof Song," performed, I believe, by The Four Freshmen. And then the station would sign off for several hours (imagine THAT). Thsi was the early 70's.

George

I don't think the thread is derailed. It's about under-shepherding, as in shepherding sheep. You know, bah bah bah. Sheep. I'm trying to strike a parody here. Since we were undershepherded we sing, "We are little lambs...".

Man, I better find a job soon, I think my brain might be turning to mush!

By the way, there is no such word as "undershepherding". It was invented by TWI and quite frankly, it makes no sense. I mean, how does one "shepherd under". It's kind of gross if you think about it.

By the way (no pun intended!), I just googled the word under shepherding and found a ton of info on it. In fact I just mispelled it here and the spell check corrected me and had a correct spelling for it. I know we had our own language in TWI (I started a topic on that in open) but I dont think TWI invented that one. But I have no problem with Jesus being my shepherd and if he wants to call us sheep that's okay. But it is weird to have the word under before shepherd. Why under, and not just shepherd?

Why under, and not just shepherd?

I could only guess and my guess is that under connotes supporting someone through early stages of growth. Kind of redundant if my guess is correct. But, really, did way speak ever make much sense? or was it ever not redundant?

"Way Speak". That's funny and we sure had a lot of it. But I don't think undershepherding would be way speak because if you google it you will find a whole ton of other Christians using it. My Mom's Presbyterian church use to use the term when I was a kid. At least my Mom would say, "I am her under shepherd" about someone in the churchs flock. And I guess that supporting someone could have something to do with Under.

By the way (no pun intended!), I just googled the word under shepherding and found a ton of info on it. In fact I just mispelled it here and the spell check corrected me and had a correct spelling for it. I know we had our own language in TWI (I started a topic on that in open) but I dont think TWI invented that one.

Oh.

Edited by Broken Arrow

:redface2:

But I'm not trying to be argumentative. I was just sayin... :)

Hey these emoticons things are pretty. Neat site! Um... :beer:

I don't think you're being argumentative. I don't think anyone else does either. I made a statement without looking up the word and you corrected me. Nothing wrong with that. :redface2: