GreaseSpot Cafe

TV Show Mash-Up

bfh

I may lead some of you ascue with these clues. Not intended, I assure you

This telivision series never aired it's theme song with lyrics, only the instrumental. The leading actors actually sang the song with lyrics for the pilot, but it never aired. Oddly enough, they were all good singers and recorded music during their careers.

The character (of the Dad) in this series was voted by TV guide as the # 2 greatest Dad in telivision of all time.

Not that it's important, but I recently viewed the Bonanza pilot episode. Adam is the only one who doesn't sing it. Ben, Hoss , and Little Joe sing, while Adam is un hitching his horse. They do all yell 'yahoo!' as they thunder out of town.

It was a different show in the beginning...

You are correct sir. I tried looking up the bonanza theme song that Pa, Adam, and Hoss sang

but I couldn't find it. Your up George.

I found it in under 30 seconds.

I went to YouTube, typed "bonanza theme song" in the search engine,

and looked down the results.

These were 2 that came up that are relevant.

And what about George's "up"?

;)

And what about George's "up"?

;)/>

So I didn't log in for almost a day. Ex-CUUUUUUUUUSE MEEEEE! :biglaugh:

This show was a "prequel" of sorts for one the most famous sc-fi shows. It didn't run as long as the three "sequels," but longer than the original series.

George

I went to YouTube, typed "bonanza theme song" in the search engine,

and looked down the results.

wink.gif

That would explain why it never made it into the show. Early scripts were written with a more temptuous gang of Cartrights in mind.

Apparently, it was Loren Green who believed a land owner with so much land and so much power should be one who was revered and respected, not one who has a vigilante theme. Thus, the bravado bunch we see in the pilot were written out and the Cartrights as we know them came to be.

happy.gif

So I didn't log in for almost a day. Ex-CUUUUUUUUUSE MEEEEE! :biglaugh:/>

This show was a "prequel" of sorts for one the most famous sc-fi shows. It didn't run as long as the three "sequels," but longer than the original series.

George

If that's not meant to be a description of "Enterprise", it could be.

It's a prequel of Star Trek (The Original Series.)

It probably didn't run as long as The Next Generation, Deep Space 9, or Voyager.

(I don't know how long VOY or ENT ran for sure.)

You are correct, Sir!

Star Trek: 3 seasons

Next Generation: 7 seasons

Deep Space 9: 7 seasons

Voyager: 7 seasons

Enterprise: 4 seasons

The writers for "Enterprise" had a problem, in that the technology had to be less impressive than that from the original series, but still a century better than today's technology. Our cell phones are almost as good as Kirk's communicator and McCoy's tricorder! :)

I loved the little bit in the "Star Trek" movie re-boot where Scotty had lost "Admiral Archer's" dog in a transporter experiment. That did, of course, refer to the beagle Porthos, from "Enterprise."

George

I remember this one vividly. The star of both shows was on "Big Bang Theory" recently. I'll give the others a chance before chiming in.

George

I found myself explaining why the audience went bananas when the guy

appeared. He's been doing TV for a long time-longer than it felt like

because I hadn't seen him in anything in recent years, so I

pictured him less old than he is now. As "dry wits" go, he's about as

good as US actors get.

I found myself explaining why the audience went bananas when the guy

appeared. He's been doing TV for a long time-longer than it felt like

because I hadn't seen him in anything in recent years, so I

pictured him less old than he is now. As "dry wits" go, he's about as

good as US actors get.

I think I still have his "Button-Down Mind" comedy album (from 1960!) at home.

George

All right. They've had two days and a number of clues.

The finale of the show "Newhart" had Bob Newhart waking up in bed with Suzanne Pleshette, his "wife" from "The Bob Newhart Show," talking about the strange dream he had. As I recall, there was a two-hour special which aired later, using that scene as a jumping-off place to reunite the cast of "The Bob Newhart Show," featuring a cameo from "Larry, Darryl, and Darryl" from "Newhart."

The "waking up in bed to find it was all a dream" bit was a wink to this TV show, where a character whow died in the series was brought back after a whole season, by having that season be a "dream" of another of the characters.

George

I remember this one vividly. The star of both shows was on "Big Bang Theory" recently. I'll give the others a chance before chiming in.

George

I tried to picture who the star was that appeared on the Big Bang Theory but I couldn't come up with it. What year did Bob Newhart guest star in the series?

I tried to picture who the star was that appeared on the Big Bang Theory but I couldn't come up with it. What year did Bob Newhart guest star in the series?

http://www.bigbangtheory.wikia.com/wiki/The_Proton_Resurgence

""The Proton Resurgence" is the twenty-second episode of the sixth season of the American sitcom The Big Bang Theory. The episode aired on May 2, 2013."

Bob Newhart played Professor Proton. A long time ago, Professor Proton did a Mr Wizard science TV show.

Decades later, Sheldon discovered he was available for children's parties and hires him to socialize.

http://www.bigbangtheory.wikia.com/wiki/The_Proton_Resurgence

""The Proton Resurgence" is the twenty-second episode of the sixth season of the American sitcom The Big Bang Theory. The episode aired on May 2, 2013."

Bob Newhart played Professor Proton. A long time ago, Professor Proton did a Mr Wizard science TV show.

Decades later, Sheldon discovered he was available for children's parties and hires him to socialize.

Right. It was a one-shot, not a recurring role (yet?).

If it's the one I'm thinking of,

that also caused some continuity problems with a spinoff series having a season that suddenly didn't

happen or something.

Probably... :)

George