GreaseSpot Cafe

TV Show Mash-Up

bfh

That pretty much narrows it down to two. Since "The Brady Bunch" didn't really do musical numbers until their post-series specials, I'll go with

"The Partridge Family."

George

It IS the Partridge Family.

Danny Bonaduce voiced himself, and Susan Dey did a little, but everyone else

was a regular voice actor.

If you see "PARTRIDGE FAMILY 2200 AD" (Partridge Family Twenty-Two Thousand AD",

you'll think it was a Jetsons episode for a moment.

"Are you a doctor?'

"I am, today!" (line from the first episode and the opening sequence, thereafter)

Only one character on this show had both a first and a last name given.

For example, there were characters named Jarod, Sydney, and Angelo, as well as Miss Parker, Mr. Raines, and Mr. Lyle

George

It is, indeed. I really enjoyed the show. I assumed it would be pretty recognizable.

Do you remember which character had first and last name given?

George

I might if I'd seen even 1 episode of the show...

Everything I know about it, I picked up from the commercials.

In this tv series a western sheriff driftes into the big city to observe and learn the ways of metropolitan crime.

The actor in this television series often used the catch phrase: *There* yuh go!

This stars wardrobe consisted of a sheep-skin coat, blue jeans, a bolo tie, and a cowboy hat.

Actually, most did not have mustaches. They were not all detectives, either.

George

All but one were Detectives George, but MacMillian and wife did detective work.

Ramsey - Detective

Banacek - Dectective

Columbo-Detective

Madigan- Detective

McCloud-Detective Sheriff

MacMillian & Wife - Police Commissioner

Cool Million-Private Detective George I'd debate this one.

Hec Ramsey- Detective

Banacek was really an insurance investigator. Hec Ramsey was a deputy sheriff. All investigated crimes, so they could be considered "detectives," but that wasn't their official designation.

There was something that united all of those shows. Investigation of crimes is PART of the answer.

George

THAT's the answer I was looking for (although it was NBC, not CBS). "NBC Mystery Theater" rotated 90-min episodes of different mystery ("detective," if you will) series. The first four were Columbo, McCloud, McMillan and Wife, and Banacek; and these were the only ones carried over for more than one season. In addition to the others I listed, there were a few more, the most notable being Quincy (also the only one to spin off as an hourly series). First, the shows were on Wednesday night, then Sunday night shows were added, then Wednesday shows moved to Tuesday. Eventually, all the 90-minute shows went away, probably because they couldn't get syndication contracts.

I hate to say it, but you're up, hiway!

George