GreaseSpot Cafe

Now just who is living in the past?

OldSkool

It seems a common argument for present day followers of the way international to cast against those who speak against victor paul wierwille and his proteges that those who tell what happened to them are "living in the past." They would go on to infer that things in the way international are so much better now, with reasonings such as "we don't do that anymore, we are kinder, we are gentler, et.al."

Ok, so tell me something....I was in TWI up until 2008 and from craig martindale's departure onward the way international's focal point shifted from martindale BACK to wierwille. "dr. wierwille this, dr. wierwille did that, dr. wierwille said this, etc. :smilie_kool_aid: (you know he wasn't really a Dr., don't you?)"

Now. who's living in the past? The way international is supposed to be a Biblical RESEARCH, Teaching, and Fellowship ministry. Yet, you redefined research to mean:

RE-search: to look again at what has already been researched.

<_< OK...then, so by definition you would seem to acknowledge that all you do is look again at what someone else already did. Not to oversimplify. Except you don't ever come out and SAY THAT!

Oh, Rosalie I remember you saying on more than one occasion "Most people don't really know what RE-search is." Perhaps they don't know because you have made a new definition and people aren't as stupid as you would like to think? I digress.

But maybe, just maybe, a good synonym for research is scrutinize and another is investigate. It would stand to reason that Wierwille has not stood well when scrutinized and the way international were so afraid of investigation by the court system that they settled an untold (and no doubt vast) sum of money to Paul and Fern Allen for abuses committed against them by the way international's leadership, trustees, directors, officers, agents, employees, and John Does 1-50.

Scutiny:

http://www.empirenet.com/~messiah7/cultsthe.htm

Investigation:

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/main2/waydale/waydale-lawsuit/allen-complaint.html'>http://www.greasespotcafe.com/main2/waydale/waydale-lawsuit/allen-complaint.html

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/main2/waydale/waydale-lawsuit/paul-allens-last-comments-regarding-the-settlment.html'>http://www.greasespotcafe.com/main2/waydale/waydale-lawsuit/paul-allens-last-comments-regarding-the-settlment.html

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/main2/waydale/waydale-lawsuit/

(Looks like the Allens won - they got their much deserved settlement (that no doubt pales in comparison to the injuries inflicted,) and exposed the belly of the beast!)

....but hey I don't want to live in the past. :rolleyes:

So where is the new light? Are all the apostles gone from the way international? What's new? NOTHING! Everything the way international has in place is old and dated and based on works that victor paul wierwille plagiarized from numerous sources; and the way international perpetuates these lies. It is all mind numbingly the same - WEEK after WEEK! Same programs, same classes, same sales pitches timed to promote the same classes and programs year after year! :confused:

So....who is living in the past?

Really, I could at least give the way international credit if they told the truth about victor paul wierwille and sought restitution for the wrongs they have committed. Then, they could dissolve all assets and donate the money to a charity of their choosing. Heck, they could even form the charity and keep the works except credit the sources and compensate where necessary and continue in a newly found, upright direction. Those truly interested in serving Christ could follow the Lord's will and do some real good in the scheme of things.

Ya, I know....I'm dreaming. God and the devil will smoke a peace pipe first. But hey, it would at least be honest; standing to scrutiny and investigation.

So.

Those truly interested in serving Christ CAN follow the Lord's will and DO some real good in the scheme of things. It beats selling classes where people will eventually be indentured to the way international.

or

Just leave and get a handle on the fact you are in an abusive cult that is sucking the very life out of you and there is LIFE outside of the way international and it is Life, more abundant. but not the more abundant life, which is not true anyway. But hey, what do I know. I only wasted 12 years of my life, and my wife nearly 20 with this cult. :anim-smile:

And lest I forget:

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/main2/editorial/editorial-items/nostalgia.html

O.k., I am off to live in the past a little more... :mooner:

Edited by OldSkool

It seems a common argument for present day followers of the way international to cast against those who speak against victor paul wierwille and his proteges that those who tell what happened to them are "living in the past." They would go on to infer that things in the way international are so much better now, with reasonings such as "we don't do that anymore, we are kinder, we are gentler, et.al."

Ok, so tell me something....I was in TWI up until 2008 and from craig martindale's departure onward the way international's focal point shifted from martindale BACK to wierwille.

OldSkool.......yeah, its called DIVERSION.

Twi cannot and will not answer for their past......because they cannot "win the argument." Most all fervent observers know that twi attempts to CONTROL the talking points, CONTROL the narrative, CONTROL the perception of uprightness.

I vividly remember this SAME, REPETITIVE RESPONSE of "living in the past" used back in 1994, 1995.....when martindale was in charge. When straying twi-followers would come to branch meetings or roa and want to talk about geer's paper or lcm's loyalty paper and corps were instructed to move forward. Do not consider it. Do not take the bait. In other words, if you venture down that road of "considering the past".....then the devil is gonna take you out! All of this is in twi's dna-messaging from the slither-crew -- the directors.

It's programming.....straight-up! The lemmings will follow them over the cliff.

The greatest fear that twi-directors hold is that staff/corps/followers will start THINKING FOR THEMSELVES. The more I delve into this, the more I see the stern confrontation in Galatians......who hath bewitched you that you should not obey the truth.....has TWI in its crosshairs. The twi-followers need to get away from this verbal agitation and let the peace of God rule again!!

OldSkool.......yeah, its called DIVERSION.....

Yep! I know I am preaching to the choir around here. Sometimes I need to vent a little, and post my thoughts for my own recovery. And by all means, for folks to poke holes in my logic should I have strayed too far off the beaten path. And especially for those passing through and the ever faithful lurkers. I know many of the lurkers are still "in" and some pigeon holed by the same diversion.

Edited by OldSkool

Yep! I know I am preaching to the choir around here. Sometimes I need to vent a little, and post my thoughts for my own recovery. And by all means, for folks to poke holes in my logic should I have strayed too far off the beaten path. And especially for those passing through and the ever faithful lurkers. I know many of the lurkers are still "in" and some pigeon holed by the same diversion.

Preach away.....after so many years of hearing their drivel, hearing the sound of one's inner voice is refreshing and healing.

:)

I still can't understand how even one person still "in" would want to torture themselves by listening.

Because they are coerced. Remember staff days? STS check in sheets at HQ and Gunnison? All of those are reported to Rosalie.

Field people. I dunno. Wouldn't surprise me if they listen the same reason some folks mindlessly get up and goto Church, (I say some not all, some Churches are exciting) guilt based, religious obligation.

Personally, the STS was painful. I was there live most Sundays and they were REALLY bad. I nodded off most Sundays. Towards the end I just quit going and stayed at home.

Ya, a product so hot you have to brow beat participation. :biglaugh:

I will never ever forget my Way Disciple team coordinator falling asleep at every event and snoring like a water buffalo. I'm suprised the sound didn't end up on some of those tapes. That man could SNORE (and drool.)