GreaseSpot Cafe

Grease spots on highway 12

skyrider

Well......it looks like martindale isn't the only one to mention GREASE SPOTS.

Mike Malloy, a radio talkshow host, mocks storm victims and "Their God Who Is Smashing Them."

Interesting to see this language resurface........since martindale used it some 16-18 years ago.

:evildenk:

My take on the clip is different than whoever posted (and titled) the clip. He was mocking that religion did not save the people and/or their homes or communities. He closed indicating it was sad the event had happened to the people.

Now, as to use of the expression, what might be the talker's connection to events wherein he had heard the phrase used? Are we to assume no one prior to Loy C Martindale ever used the phrase, the terminology, the expression? Where might Loy have heard it? Whose path did Loy cross or whose did Mike Malloy. Or could there have been degrees of separation (or of Kevin Bacon)?

Intriguing reflections nevertheless. :)

Greasespot and greasespot by midnight are old phrases that have been around as long as I can remember. They had the connotation of being the result of roadkill to me also.

A form of rural humor or slang I guess

Greasespot meant something already splattered, but both greasespot and greasespot by midnight were used as threats against someone you were angry at. think of them as present and future tense.

• 2 weeks later...

The last creature I watched.. was lucky. Normally, the speed limit through this zone approaching a dead end is 20 mph. Squirrels could easily gambol out onto the road, and out of the way of danger.. but the car was going at least 45. The Squirrel leaped, and ran like there was no tomorrow..

he missed the front tires of this idiot by about six inches, by estimation.