GreaseSpot Cafe

It would be fun to go back to 1972..

Ham

The concert in WVA.. Mitchell and Pinera were still with them.. it had to be in 1972 or 1973. so funny.. that kind of music in podunk West Virginia.. they were not the only ones..

my brother was there. He does not now remember the events as he related them to me over twenty years ago..

Peter, Paul and Mary even did a gig there in the later seventies.. in a little college community in the middle of nowhere..

Wow! I saw Ramatam in 1972. They played before ELP at San Francisco civic auditorium. Me and my friend were in the balcony half way back on the right and even from there we noticed that April broke 2 strings on her guitar while soloing. Didn't miss a beat; lost no continuity. Amazing. Later I noticed that during Steve Howe's solo in 'I've seen all good people' on Yessongs, he drops down 2 octaves for no apparent reason...unless he broke a string and couldn't think of anything else to do to compensate. Never thought I'd hear Ramatam ever mentioned again.