GreaseSpot Cafe
Raf

Name that Actor/Actress (or Role)

Other than the previous clues I dropped, Mrs Wolf said to mention "THE GREEN FAIRY" (which is a nickname for something.)  She got it from the first 3 names plus a guess- then again, she's been around me and hearing what made me think of this character/real person. 

For the curious, Peter Sellers played a character who dressed as him, and Mel Brooks played a character who intentionally did an "impression" of him.

I have not seen "Moulin Rouge."  I HAVE seen "Blazing Saddles."  I remember Mel Brooks playing the Governor and also an Indian chief, but I don't get the "impression" part.

George

1 hour ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

I have not seen "Moulin Rouge."  I HAVE seen "Blazing Saddles."  I remember Mel Brooks playing the Governor and also an Indian chief, but I don't get the "impression" part.

George

The Governor did an impression of someone.  He even accompanied it with music he vocalized.  IIRC, it was when he visited the town.

22 hours ago, WordWolf said:

The Governor did an impression of someone.  He even accompanied it with music he vocalized.  IIRC, it was when he visited the town.

Actually, he did 2 impressions- one of Harpo Marx and one of this person.    Even if that reminds you of nothing, at least look back at the 3 clues I dropped before mentioning "the green fairy" (absinthe)  in the preceding posts.

Name the character.

Jose Ferrer

Vincent Menjou Cortes

John Leguizamo

(No, this one should not be easy, but I thought I'd try a short round in between some others.)

Not a Spaniard, and he wasn't painted as a nobleman in any version of him that made it to the theaters.

Peter Sellers (sorta)

Règis Royer

Mel Brooks (sorta)

(I didn't think this would be so hard to win.... )

Other than the previous clues I dropped, Mrs Wolf said to mention "THE GREEN FAIRY" (which is a nickname for something.)  She got it from the first 3 names plus a guess- then again, she's been around me and hearing what made me think of this character/real person. 

For the curious, Peter Sellers played a character who dressed as him, and Mel Brooks played a character who intentionally did an "impression" of him.

Actually, he did 2 impressions- one of Harpo Marx and one of this person.    Even if that reminds you of nothing, at least look back at the 3 clues I dropped before mentioning "the green fairy" (absinthe)  in the preceding posts.

Guessing this Frenchman is NOT a tall order.

15 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Napoleon?

George

There's 2 Frenchmen famous for being short. One was not actually short, and has a connection to neither absinthe nor painting.  That one's Napoleon.   Who's the other?

4 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Toulouse Lautrec?

George

Freaking YES!!!!!

I even made a reference "TO WIN". (To win? To lose?)

Remember the Governor when the press asked his impressions?  He did Harpo Marx, then Toulouse Lautrec.

A swing and a miss.  (I don't even know what the character "Brad Majors" is.)

Jack Aranson

Danny Glover

Barry Bostwick

John Barrymore

Orson Welles

William Hurt

George

(Brad Majors was the guy who stumbled his way through Dr Frankenfurter's mansion in "the Rocky Horror Picture Show."  Whenever he says his full name, the audience insults him.)

Ok, classic role, since we have a Barrymore and Orson Welles.  William Hurt in a classic role suggest something classical and British.  Cautious to avoid spoilers, I looked up "Lethal Weapon" and confirmed Danny Glover was the other cop, the one who was getting too old for this.   He's African-American.

I'm thinking Shakespeare.

Although it's not ridiculous to see a "black" man playing a (white)  Shakepearean role, it's also not ridiculous for the reverse.  So, which direction do I guess?

I'm going with the title role of The Moor of Venice.  My guess is "OTHELLO."

(This was actually an Irish role, spelled "O'thello." Most people drop the apostrophe.  ;)   )

Not Shakespeare, but you have the right idea.

I'll let you ruminate a bit more, because my next two names will probably give it away.  To be fair, I wouldn't have gotten it from any of the ones I've chosen so far.

George

Apparently, no more ruminations.

Jack Aranson

Danny Glover

Barry Bostwick

John Barrymore

Orson Welles

William Hurt

Gregory Peck

Patrick Stewart

George

Oh, I ruminated. I just didn't post because I didn't come up with anything worth posting.  

*looks the list over*  How about Captain Ahab?

Next round, let's see....

Jon Rubin       Sam Nicoletti       Bruce Pearson         Alfredo Berlinghieri        Monroe Stahr         Jimmy Doyle 

Jon Rubin       Sam Nicoletti       Bruce Pearson         Alfredo Berlinghieri        Monroe Stahr         Jimmy Doyle 

Lloyd Barker     Mario Trantino     John Civello      Michael Vronsky        Desmond  Spellacy       Rupert Pupkin

Lloyd Barker     Mario Trantino     John "Johnny Boy"  Civello      Michael Vronsky        Desmond "Des" Spellacy       Rupert Pupkin

David "Noodles" Aaronson                Frank Raftis                  Archibald "Harry" Tuttle    

Rodrigo Mendoza                  Louis Cyphre          Jack Walsh