GreaseSpot Cafe
Raf

Super Hero TV

So, Stargirl is actually pretty good.  Since the two-week no-spoilers rule is past for the pilot and probably a couple of episodes, I can give the basic premise:  The Injustice Society killed all the JSA (except Stripesy -- Pat Dugan).  Pat has a son and recently married Courtney Whitmore's mom.  He brings the family to Blue Valley, where the JSA had had their headquarters.  Courtney finds the Cosmic Staff and bonds with it.  She later grabs all the old JSA equipment and starts dealing it out to her classmates, including Yolanda Montez, Beth Chapel, and Rick Tyler.  (The names of JSA successors in the comics.)  Courtney's stepbrother mentions he has a friend named Jakeem, but we haven't seen him yet.  It will be interesting to see if they recruit a Flash or Green Lantern, since Jay Garrick and Alan Scott never got replaced in the comics.  Oh, and coincidentally, all of the Injustice Society live in Blue Valley, too.  All this and high school drama.   :anim-smile:

George

There's difficulties if we get a proper Jakeem Thunder.  That or a GL gives us too much power for this scale of team. Jakeem was Johnny Thunder's replacement, and gave orders to the Thunderbolt.  

How can that be fixed?  Two possibilities present themselves immediately:

1) Let him make a single wish, then the Thunderbolt goes away for now.  Jakeem can give one order per scene or per hour or per day, or something.

2) Jakeem's not a successor to Johnny Thunder,  he's a successor to Jonni Thunder- Thunderbolt.  He can basically turn into living lightning.

I think another Flash might not be the best idea, but maybe Johnny Quick, Max Mercury or Impulse might be called for.    How about Liberty Belle?    Oh- we'd better get Cyclone/Maxine Hunkell if this series goes the distance. 

SHIELD is really getting good.  Too bad it's the final season.  (Reminds me of ST Enterprise.  The last season was great, but it had already lost its viewers.)

As I mentioned, the team is travelling through time, trying to stop the Chronicons from screwing up the timeline.  They're making each episode in the style of TV shows from the given time period.  In the 1950's episode, Colson's robotic eyes were damaged, so everything was in black and white.  This past episode (1970s), the intro was as it would be on an ensemble show of the time.  And it's not just the gimmick(s). The story line is good!

George