GreaseSpot Cafe

How Controlling and Cruel Religion Is

Having the power to save followers, or send them to hell, is a very powerful tool religion lords over its congregations. As a young boy being raised in, and schooled in the RC religion, hell was only one bad act away on my part from becoming reality. If I so much as ate a piece of meat on Friday, and died before confessing the horrible sin to some guy in a black robe, my soul was condemned to hell for all eternity. Then, some guy in the 1960’s, located in Rome wearing a pointed hat, suddenly declares I can enjoy a meal of steak, hamburger, pork roast, or lamb chops on any and all Fridays. And my soul will no longer suffer  in hell, but be heaven bound to forever life with all the saints, my parents, Mary, God the Father, Jesus the Son, and some guy called the Holy Ghost. At death, life would be so great as I passed through the pearly gates, shaking hands with Peter, and waving as I walked by the heavenly band of harps, welcoming me home. I had finally arrived for the reward of living a life sanctioned by the Popes who had murdered thousands for disregarding their beliefs. 

Suddenly, I was startled into reality because my Father, a favorite uncle, a long lost cousin, and best friend, were missing. I inquired  of the angel, that had been assigned to make my entry into heaven comfortable, why they were not present to greet me? Looking sheepishly, he held up an old Big Mac wrapper.

My father and uncle had gone out for beers at the end of the week on Friday, and It was prior to being allowed to eat meat on Friday. After the drinks, they stopped by a McDonalds, forgot the meat restriction, and ordered a Big Mac meal. Driving home they realized their error and promised each other to go to confession tomorrow. But as they were crossing a railroad track, a train hit them, and they died immediately. The angel said he could see their souls descend into hell immediately.

I then asked about my cousin and best friend, knowing full well they would never eat a Big Mac sandwich on Friday. The angel acknowledged they had not knowingly eaten any meat, but had ordered a McFish sandwich with large fries. Unfortunately, the fries and fish were deep fried,  not in vegetable oil, but meat lard. The angel said he wept as their souls slowly slipped into eternal fire and punishment.

Forward to 2022, and that guy with the pointed hat living in Rome, once again declares that, because a mistake of one word was made,all baptisms are declared invalid. A letter is being sent to all affected, telling them they must get rebaptized so they don’t burn forever in hell upon dying. I guess that is good for those on the current mailing list, but what about all who didn’t leave a forwarding address? In a few years, upon expiring, they will be jolted into reality as they  experience the heat of Satan surronding them. As they attempt to claw their way up as they slide down to everlasting damnation, they demand to understand what they did wrong for God to throw them overboard, into the lake of fire? God says to then, “you did absolutely nothing wrong, but one word you knew nothing about, made you unholy, and I could not tolerate you. Get out of my presence and adios sucker.”

You cannot make this stuff up, it is just so crazy.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/baptisms-performed-phoenix-priest-invalid-142102295.html

Edited by Stayed Too Long
  • Like 1

"Before the beginning, there was this turtle. And the turtle was alone. And he looked around, and he saw his neighbor, which was his mother. And he lay down on top of his neighbor, and behold! she bore him in tears an oak tree, which grew all day and then fell over -- like a bridge. And lo! under the bridge there came a catfish. And he was very big. And he was walking. And he was the biggest he had seen. And so were the fiery balls of this fish, one of which is the sun, and the other, they called the moon."

Source: (Begins at 8:05)

You are quite right, Stayed Too Long.  All those manmade rules are wicked.  I am sure God weeps at the cruelty inflicted on people.  Jesus Christ came to give us FREEDOM from manmade laws.  You know God looks on the heart and not on the physicals of stuff like eating meat, etc. 

As to the baptism thing - hahaha, did you ever hear anything so ridiculous?  Not sure in any event what benefit baptism is, as surely the essence of Christianity is the individual accepting Christ as lord and saviour.  Where, Biblically, does it say that baptism on someone else's behalf avails anything?