GreaseSpot Cafe

RTHST (receiving the holy spirit today)

“Belatedly I loved thee, O Beauty so ancient and so new, belatedly I loved thee. For see, thou wast within and I was without, and I sought thee out there. Unlovely, I rushed heedlessly among the lovely things thou hast made. Thou wast with me, but I was not with thee. These things kept me far from thee; even though they were not at all unless they were in thee. Thou didst call and cry aloud, and didst force open my deafness. Thou didst gleam and shine, and didst chase away my blindness. Thou didst breathe fragrant odors and I drew in my breath; and now I pant for thee. I tasted, and now I hunger and thirst. Thou didst touch me, and I burned for thy peace.”

― St. Augustine of Hippo, Confessions

Matthew

3 In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,

2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

3 For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight

a great verse for what it is about

to prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2023 at 9:48 PM, cman said:

Like when he came back from India, why didn't he teach some of the eastern religion stuff. Something must have happened there that turned him against the eastern religions.

He was too busy with creative writing magnifying his trip.  First he had to do the key to the city story, then he had to make up the account like Jesus of the man with the withered hand on the train.  After that he had to publish his attack on the denominations outreach work in 3rd world countries.  After that he had to start a ministry ahead of any disciplinary board convened to talk about his paper and his affair with his secretary.

He was just too busy of a guy to teach all the orientalist culture stuff.  Besides he could just get Bishop Pillai to do all that work and steal it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

there's something deep inside that keeps me going. It came out once big time bigger than I could handle I think. I'm not alone in this that much I'm sure of.

Deep inside that is connected to everything, more than I could come up with on my own. So, inside yeah but more than that. We are more than just ourselves.

Edited by cman

On 8/23/2023 at 4:04 PM, cman said:

Maybe Mike knows something about it, I don't know. Seems like interesting anyways. 

Mike is really a good guy. He is one of the good guys. I hope that I am the same.  Some of you have a hard time reading him.. in my opinion.

Everybody has their axioms..  can't really exist without one or more..

If one assumes an axiom..  one needs more than convincing evidence to abandon it. 

My axioms are simpler.. I wake up each morning and convince myself that I can still count to ten.. and sometimes even that is too much.

On 8/18/2023 at 11:36 PM, cman said:

I can't help but wonder why vpw would choose to go with some of these doctrines.

Like no spirit until born-again and 2nd coming and dead are dead things

Yeh.  I agree.  Personally.. I think I had spirit from birth.  Maybe even before.. 

Too much.

The sixties.  We find the light.. and some of us walked away.

I dunno.  Maybe we go to the light.. and try to put the light in old wine skins.. nice if enlightenment agreed with what we already thought we knew..

Thanks Dear Friend for the discussion..

On 8/22/2023 at 12:48 AM, cman said:

Like when he came back from India, why didn't he teach some of the eastern religion stuff. Something must have happened there that turned him against the eastern religions.

Personally.. I think he was looking for validation.  And Eastern Religion refused to validate.. for some that is what is the word.. 

can't put God in a box..

still struggling for words..

maybe it is this:  "we've tried that already. "

you want validation?  There is none..

Conquer yourself.  Forget the rest of the known world..

Same thing for his followers.. Loy wanted to be "right".  Sorry, it is statistically an impossibility..

What do you think, dear friend..

On 9/27/2023 at 12:35 PM, cman said:

every bad thing we have ever done, everything was paid for by JC

this is forgiveness completely 

So then, do we really need more in this life.  If we accept redemption.. what do we do now. 

These are questions that I constantly try to answer, from the time I arise, to the time I sleep..

the hardest part is dealing with those less than sane than myself.. heh.  No, I am not complaining. Less sane might be easier.. heh.  Might be a better logical choice..

On 8/26/2023 at 4:48 AM, cman said:

"everyone has a little spark of the divine, you just have to feed it the right mashed potatoes and gravy"

remember that from pfal? vp was saying this was not the right thinking....

I wonder what is wrong with this as well.. a spark of the divine.. a seed..feed it, and one cannot determine what grows..

born again.  the seed.. to be perfectly honest.. who planted this seed in me.

It happened in about 1962 or so.. God is Love, Jesus is Lord.. what has the seed produced..  somehow I agreed.  Now lets just feed that thought.. I hope that you will accept the consequences.. it has not been pleasant in a Worldly view.

On 8/7/2023 at 4:26 PM, cman said:

“Belatedly I loved thee, O Beauty so ancient and so new, belatedly I loved thee. For see, thou wast within and I was without, and I sought thee out there. Unlovely, I rushed heedlessly among the lovely things thou hast made. Thou wast with me, but I was not with thee. These things kept me far from thee; even though they were not at all unless they were in thee. Thou didst call and cry aloud, and didst force open my deafness. Thou didst gleam and shine, and didst chase away my blindness. Thou didst breathe fragrant odors and I drew in my breath; and now I pant for thee. I tasted, and now I hunger and thirst. Thou didst touch me, and I burned for thy peace.”

― St. Augustine of Hippo, Confessions

More than "cool"..  The Almighty must be with us..  belatedly I loved thee..  I love when my blindness is chased away.. it happens sometimes.