GreaseSpot Cafe

RTHST (receiving the holy spirit today)

The name implies that you have not received.... kind of arrogant I think.

I'm sure it doesn't happen the way this thing teaches.

Reminds me of being witnessed to once where I was asked if I wanted to be born again. Well?... what makes them think I wasn't?

• 3 weeks later...

any advice I'd give is just that, nothing more, the rest is out of my hands

kundalini yoga is a good practice, or any practice that get's you to let go of yourself, 
I've developed my own, like just barely working...but enough to get my mind relaxed and see more then I would without it

I can agree that the word is not that.

HOWEVER,

Words are useful when we want to convey meaning. Words are useful for understanding. Words are useful to persuade.

You talk about "true repentance." What do you mean? Will you please use your words so I might understand?

Edited by Nathan_Jr

reminds me of every place Jesus taught on the kingdom of heaven, an easy word search

and mostly John 3, the whole chapter and this "Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?"

"true repentance" ? who could show it? different for each person I reckon...

22 minutes ago, cman said:

and mostly John 3, the whole chapter and this "Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?"

I never claimed to be a master of Israel or anything else.

22 minutes ago, cman said:

true repentance" ? who could show it? different for each person I reckon...

Oh. 

1 hour ago, cman said:

reminds me of every place Jesus taught on the kingdom of heaven, an easy word search

"true repentance" ? who could show it? different for each person I reckon...

If, as you reckon, true repentence is different for each person, why did you attempt to define it it your original posting?

via wikipedia -

The Buddha considered shame over doing wrong (Pali: hiri) and fear of the consequences of wrongdoing (Pali:otappa) as essential safeguards against falling into evil ways and further as extremely useful in the path of purification.

also, Buddhahood - Wikipedia

I'm not completely sold on the religion itself but it has some very good concepts and learning