GreaseSpot Cafe

Science of Shared Consciousness

Rocky

Good one. I wish it was longer.

I’ve previously referred to the increasingly prevalent idea among neuroscientists and physicists that consciousness is fundamental.

Panpsychism Theory; Rupert Sheldrake’s (a Christian) Morphic Resonance Theory; Donald Hoffman’s Conscious Realism Theory… see also, philosophers Phillip Goff and Bernardo Kastrop… and others…

This idea is more ancient than NT. Some modern scholars argue that a psychedelic experience (non-normal consciousness) was foundational to the Ancient Greek Eleusinian mystery cult. Plato pointed to a fundamental consciousness. And even the 13th century Christian Dominican theologian, Meister Elkhart, talked about God as the very “ground of being” - the ground of consciousness.

No. The “word of knowledge” is not a precious, special “gift” given only to fundamentalist American evangelicals who merely name it and claim it. Paul didn’t have a monopoly on it, either, even if he believed he did.

I don’t begin with conclusions like victor and Loy. I don’t begin with belief. I only know that I know that I don’t know, and there is great liberty and “power with impact” in the not knowing.

Edited by Nathan_Jr
Gloves
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Good one. I wish it was longer.

I’ve previously referred to the increasingly prevalent idea among neuroscientists and physicists that consciousness is fundamental.

Panpsychism Theory; Rupert Sheldrake’s (a Christian) Morphic Resonance Theory; Donald Hoffman’s Conscious Realism Theory… see also, philosophers Phillip Goff and Bernardo Kastrop… and others…

This idea is more ancient than NT. Some modern scholars argue that a psychedelic experience (non-normal consciousness) was foundational to the Ancient Greek Eleusinian mystery cult. Plato pointed to a fundamental consciousness. And even the 13th century Christian Dominican theologian, Meister Elkhart, talked about God as the very “ground of being” - the ground of consciousness.

No. The “word of knowledge” is not a precious, special “gift” given only to fundamentalist American evangelicals who merely name it and claim it. Paul didn’t have a monopoly on it, either, even if he believed he did.

I don’t begin with conclusions like victor and Loy. I don’t begin with belief. I only know that I know that I don’t know, and there is great liberty and “power with impact” in the not knowing.

I thought I had posted a comment responding to yours, but it's not here. Maybe I just closed my browser tab without posting it.

Anyway, I very much appreciate the perspective you conveyed in your comment.